• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Just given Kiki her evening chop and sitting with her while she eats my wife is keeping Mojo occupied.
I do feel a little guilty when i sit with one of them and the other is calling me but its not forever.
KiKi is happy to eat with me sitting with her now and has a bit more confidence but its early days still.

Just as Mojo is coming to the end of her moult Kiki starting.

View attachment 390457

View attachment 390458

Just like Mojo she likes to stand on her bowl when eating.

I think from the photo you may already have this but Pitchounette stands on a straight small branch perch right next to her bowls while eating.

She is a fair bit smaller than Mojo Dave told me yellow sides generally are @FiatLux @webchirp how heavy is Pitchy and your yellowsides webchirp ? Just so i have some indication.
64-65g though I have failed to weigh her recently.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Marvin

Marvin's spreadsheet says max:70, min:65 and average 67.1g
Goals. One day I too will have a spreadsheet. I can barely track my two legged children’s weight smh!

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for that Mojo is 74 gram i am expecting KiKi to be 60-65 looking at her.
She is young but a month older than Mojo i am not massively concerned though she is eating and drinking just wanted some kind of ball park figure

Goals. One day I too will have a spreadsheet. I can barely track my two legged children’s weight smh!
I cant do spreadsheets or the like to much like work putting Mojos weight on the forum once a week works best for me but i weigh her same time every Thursday evening with an alarm set on my phone, she hears the alarm and i tell her its Mojo weighing time she is usually on the scales when they go on the coffee table and i have to get her to step up so i can set the tare weight.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Has been quite a day :)

I am still off work with back problems woke up at about 8 by KiKi's calls i lay in bed for a bit listening to her my wife was up for work so had sorted her out with fresh seed and a bit of pellet on top.

I got up said hello to her and then headed downstairs to see Mojo and have a coffee changed Mojos pellets fed her chop to her then headed upstairs and spent the morning with KiKi before heading back downstairs to let Mojo out of her cage.
I got a call from my boss and then suddenly the Feather Spitfire went absolutely crazy on me was totally attacked by her :nocomment: i am guessing she doesnt like me talking to people on the phone.

then this evening spent a couple of hours upstairs with KiKI she ate her chop had a bath and then tucked into a load of fresh seed whilst we listened to some music together and chatted to each other :) she is still very nervy but can see her confidence growing by the day.

i then headed downstairs Mojo was out of her cage my wife was taking care of things with her as soon as i walked in the kitchen she flew from the living room to me and landed on my shoulder stepped up when i asked and gave me a kiss and for the rest of the night was the most pleasent little bird you could want to have, played on her gym and on the coffee table in front of us with her straws enjoying a few pieces of Avi cake and then when it was time for bed went straight into her cage with no drama was such a good girl.

20210804_212846.jpg 20210804_211617.jpg 20210804_205649.jpg

Few pics of Mojo tonight so she doesnt feel left out

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There's nothing magical about spreadsheets (I'm just a nerd) -- doing the weigh-in regularly is all that matters :)
What works for one person may not work for another the forum works for me thats why its full of my constant ramblings about my birds

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Spending a few hours with KiKi this evening she is still very nervy but is gaining more confident by the day.
She is taking food from both me and my wife through the cage bars now pretty consistantly.
When my hand is in the cage now there are no flapping wings very calm and she has showed interest in the millet i am holding but just not confident enough to come right over to me she starts heading over then checks herself and stops.

20210806_135618.jpg 20210806_151022.jpg

Going to order her another cage over the weekend ( same cage we got Mojo ) its a larger cage and build quality is much better however she wont be going into this cage until she go's downstairs.

Mojo is with my wife i am really pleased that i can spend time with KiKi and Mojo can still come out of her cage and play as she is comfortable with both of us.

We where using a tuppaware box to keep a few toys in that we would put on the coffee table of a night for her she was in it the other night looking for straws.
So i decided to turn it into a foraging box for her.
20210805_105814.jpg

Whats this then ?

20210805_193144.jpg

Gone down a treat

20210805_194400.jpg

On the whole pleased with the progress with KiKi still a long way to go to settle her nerves.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
KiKI's training has been slow but steady she targets around the cage using a stick or my finger from outside the cage no longer using millet as a treat using sunflower seed so she has to get closer to me to take it, also i can get her to stay on her platform perch or java perch and then offer her the treat so moving my hand towards her instead of her coming to me for the treat.
Cleaning her cage is a very calm afair she just heads off to the corner whilst i get things done she chirrups away to me whilst i clean still very weary of my hand ( to be expected as i had to catch her twice the first two days i got her when she escaped when the door was open she was out so fast and when i took her the vet for check up )
Vet visit went well no problems :)

Weight 64 grams a whole 10 grams lighter than her housemate

next step will be her taking the seed off me from inside the cage i will continue with the targeting until the weekend and then try with my hand in the cage i have started transitioning her onto my own seed from the seed her breeder used and as Mojo has decided since i gave her Harrisons she no longer wants to eat Roudybush or Pretty bird :banghead: I have started adding these pellets to her seed and she is eating some.

Ordered more Harrison's for Mojo the High potency pepper she has already already had and the standard High potency :nocomment: have also ordered more Nutriberries for Mojo she is a big fan of the old El Passo KiKI hasnt worked out how to eat them yet if i give her a whole one she cant cope with the size if i break them up she cant cope either way they end up dropped through the grate of her cage.

I have added a couple of toys to KiKIs cage but she hasnt really bothered with them at the moment she shows about 10 seconds of interest and then thats her done

KiKI is also loud very loud in comparrison to Mojo she calls for me a lot :) but thats a good thing Sometimes Mojo responds and it's a conure call and responce sometimes she doesnt bother one bit.

20210810_094519.jpg 20210810_094612.jpg

Bathing daily now she started to moult

20210724_195842.jpg

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
KiKI's training has been slow but steady she targets around the cage using a stick or my finger from outside the cage no longer using millet as a treat using sunflower seed so she has to get closer to me to take it, also i can get her to stay on her platform perch or java perch and then offer her the treat so moving my hand towards her instead of her coming to me for the treat.
Cleaning her cage is a very calm afair she just heads off to the corner whilst i get things done she chirrups away to me whilst i clean still very weary of my hand ( to be expected as i had to catch her twice the first two days i got her when she escaped when the door was open she was out so fast and when i took her the vet for check up )
Vet visit went well no problems :)

Weight 64 grams a whole 10 grams lighter than her housemate

next step will be her taking the seed off me from inside the cage i will continue with the targeting until the weekend and then try with my hand in the cage i have started transitioning her onto my own seed from the seed her breeder used and as Mojo has decided since i gave her Harrisons she no longer wants to eat Roudybush or Pretty bird :banghead: I have started adding these pellets to her seed and she is eating some.

Ordered more Harrison's for Mojo the High potency pepper she has already already had and the standard High potency :nocomment: have also ordered more Nutriberries for Mojo she is a big fan of the old El Passo KiKI hasnt worked out how to eat them yet if i give her a whole one she cant cope with the size if i break them up she cant cope either way they end up dropped through the grate of her cage.

I have added a couple of toys to KiKIs cage but she hasnt really bothered with them at the moment she shows about 10 seconds of interest and then thats her done

KiKI is also loud very loud in comparrison to Mojo she calls for me a lot :) but thats a good thing Sometimes Mojo responds and it's a conure call and responce sometimes she doesnt bother one bit.

View attachment 390852 View attachment 390853

Bathing daily now she started to moult

View attachment 390854
Hahah. I love that last photo especially: mojo is keeping an eye on things!

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I haven't been able to read the thread but I looooooove how sweet your birbs are! Post more pics!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
KiKi enjoying a straw with a sunflower seed inside she is starting to show some interest in her toys now.

20210813_183424.jpg

Oh and she she bit me :yes3: i forgot how hard a conure can bite Mojo nips when she is playing but doesnt bite anymore if that makes sense.

She is definately becoming more confident now still wont take food from me if my hand is in her cage though.