• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo and Kiki

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Wardy

Ive been away- working the Covid unit, and missed you adding to the flock! She’s beautiful- but I don’t see the turquoise! Lol, I thought you were set on turquoise. I don’t know if I’ve ever introduced you to my YS boy- he is the opposite of Kiki- my Cupid is huge and almost 20 grams heavier than my pineapple, and my pineapple isn’t nearly as sweet to him as Mojo is to Kiki!! Anyways- glad we’re still twinning with birds!!
! E64DF5DE-C8E4-4848-A66E-88ED8C5F0278.jpeg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Been a while :laughing7:

Yeah no turqoise there, KiKi had been on the website for a age and i felt a bit sorry for her and knew i could give her a good home so i pulled the trigger.
Really pleased i got her and they do get on well together most of the time.
Totally didnt know you had a yellow side, what weight is Queenie ? 20 gram is quite a difference Mojo is 76/77 gram KiKi 65

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cupid weighs in at 85 grams. Not fat either, he’s just big- taller, stronger, etc. He was big as a baby, and he kept at it. Queen Bean rocks 62-63 grams -without much change-always. (Both her parents were Pineapples and on the smaller) I’m convinced 50 grams of that weight is sass, though. Whereas Cupid is 85 grams of love bug.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cupid weighs in at 85 grams. Not fat either, he’s just big- taller, stronger, etc. He was big as a baby, and he kept at it. Queen Bean rocks 62-63 grams -without much change-always. (Both her parents were Pineapples and on the smaller) I’m convinced 50 grams of that weight is sass, though. Whereas Cupid is 85 grams of love bug.
Mojo is still a maniac KiKi still getting to know me will sit next to me all day but still unsure.
Mojo doesnt stop and is either bothering me my wife or KiKi

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
KiKi been sitting by my wife chirping away then she got all brave.

20211110_190617.jpg

Mojo had a bath

20211110_185615.jpg

She must have been missing KiKi so joined her on my wifes arm.

20211110_190827.jpg 20211110_190837.jpg

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I usually make sure I have a long sleeve shirt or hoody on when Pippen is out because you just never know when she'll go mini raptor and chomp my hand and arm. Lately I say scratch while I'm by her house and she'll stuff herself against the bars on her platform and let me scritch her before she decides she'd rather try to pull off my fingernails. Those two are so sweet to each other and helping KiKi see that good things come from the humans.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If your going to get bitten by one of them its Mojo especially at the moment whilst she is enduring a moult. She nips me whilst playing but nothing heavy whilst she go's all out to hurt my wife KiKi has never bit my wife and hasnt bit me for months.
I dont think KiKi has read the book that says conures are nippy.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
Let me see if I get this right…. This is mojo? I always thought mojo was the dark one and now I’m not sure….

had to back through the threads as I thought mojo, who is the first one you got? Was the dark coloured one with Kiki being the light one and last one you brought home….

I am so confused!!!:shocked4::what::shrug3::arghh:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Let me see if I get this right…. This is mojo? I always thought mojo was the dark one and now I’m not sure….

had to back through the threads as I thought mojo, who is the first one you got? Was the dark coloured one with Kiki being the light one and last one you brought home….

I am so confused!!!:shocked4::what::shrug3::arghh:
:laughing7:

This is Mojo

20211111_141305.jpg

This is KiKi

20211111_142849.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ok so Kiki is similar colouring to Bailey - meaning dark green, now I just have to remember which name goes to which colour! :banghead::faint:
Hmm Mojo is more orange like Orange Juice AKA OJ so maybe that can help.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ok so Kiki is similar colouring to Bailey - meaning dark green, now I just have to remember which name goes to which colour! :banghead::faint:
Mojo has a white head KiKi has a black head simples

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
Would only work for me if their names started with the letter of their colour.

I have a purple key tag for the building called P. p…., a blue tag for B. b…. etc.

see where I’m going with this? :rofl:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful girlie.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I took KiKI's cage out into the garden today to give it a really good clean she makes such a mess i give it a daily clean and a good weekly clean but today i thought its going out to get the power washer on it whilst cleaning it i noticed some damage on it and rust :banghead:

So i have bought her a new cage as this one needs to be retired i bought her the same cage Mojo has ( it's a much better cage and also much bigger ) and it should be with us on Tuesday.
She is not the most confident of climbers so as the cage is bigger i bought another 3 manzanita perches to make things a little bit easier for her when she gets it they should be here Wednesday.

I think i am also going to swap one of Mojo's small flagsones for one of Kickers Mini's Mojo has one on the inside of her door that she does use but only occasionally mainly when exiting or entering her cage the mini will suffice for that and to be fair Mojo does have another flagstone arriving next week.

have also ordered another bag of roudybush california maintenance i cant get hold of the normal maintenance and Kicker is showing no interest in the Zupreem i bought whilst Mojo is demolishing them so should have enough Roudybush to see her through the next few months now.

Have also ordered some Higgins intune to try with them both ( i reckon Mojo will devour them she really doesnt seem to be picky) but for some reason went right of Harrisons ) for the price it was well worth a punt and 6 more bags of nutriberries so have got a good amount of food to see them well into the new year.

Moving Keeks into the new cage might be a bit of a struggle but i am very much planning on doing what i did with Mojo and just moving everything over from her old cage into the new cage as close as it is set up, i dont have the room for it to sit next to her current cage.
She is always all over Mojo's cage and has been in it when on a food raid more than once so hopefully all will be good.

Keeks flying is improving massively her confidence is growing by the day and she is holding her own when Mojo gets all leary now.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Enjoying her foraging find

20211113_193640.jpg

KiKi hasnt been preening Mojo so she has started letting us preen her again after a good session working on all the pinnies on her head she needed a lie down.

20211113_194102.jpg