• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mist/jade X violet Green Cheeks

Gtv1750

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Paul
I am couple of years into my green cheek journey and now starting to focus on Turquoise violets and more recently jades. Was wondering if anyone has put the df violet and df jade mutations together and what the outcome was.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! If anyone here would know it would be @Monica . She is extremely knowledgeable about parrot mutations.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I think parrot mutations are so pretty and unique

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yeah, Monica is great but that is a really novel rare mutation.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
There was a breeder in Australia that was producing those mutations. He has a couple of Youtube vids and a Facebook page, even though he no longer breeds. Do we have violet in the US???

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
There was a breeder in Australia that was producing those mutations. He has a couple of Youtube vids and a Facebook page, even though he no longer breeds. Do we have violet in the US???
Not that I have heard of.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
From what I've heard, violet *IS* in the USA... I just don't know who has them! :laugh:

I have just seen a blue jade rainbow lorikeet...

But not a turquoise jade green cheek. I want to say that Mark Windows (Mad About Conures) who bred the violets actually sold off his jade's to focus on the violets. (if I recall right) I don't know that he ever crossed them and don't know that he's currently breeding green cheeks. The breeder who bought his birds may have crossed the mutations, I'm not sure. He might be the person to contact for this info?

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
I am couple of years into my green cheek journey and now starting to focus on Turquoise violets and more recently jades. Was wondering if anyone has put the df violet and df jade mutations together and what the outcome was.
[
The breeder we got Argo from had a turquoise-violet and turquoise-cinnamon-violet available at the same time as him. They looked lovely, but were twice the price for a turquoise- cinnamon, so I stuck with my beautiful turq-cinn buy. Seems she will also have some mint mutations coming in 2022.

Breeder is Welcome Wings Aviary in Ontario, Canada.