• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Missing Sun Conure in TX - Please Help/ID Leg band question

Morgan Haller

Moving in
Real Name
Morgan
My sun conure went missing the evening of Monday 7/22/19 from Converse, TX (San Antonio area).

He has a silver identification band around his left ankle. I have his id number, but does anyone have experience with how a finder could be able to locate me with that number? I cannot find a database for ID band numbers, does anyone know????

We are so worried about him and miss him terribly. Please share!!!

Thank you so very much,
Morgan

Attachments

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Hi Morgan, it's best not to share his band number in the event someone finds him and claims him for themselves. Do you have his hatch certificate with the numbers on it to prove you're the owner? If someone found him and put an ad out for a found bird and wanted identification then yes, unless you have great photos that might show markings on his feathers that are unique. In the meantime post flyers everywhere you can and put an alert out on Parrotalert:
Lost and Found Parrots / Birds - Parrot / Bird Reporting and Alerting Register

Explain how loud the sun conure is to possibly get people to be aware of the specific sounds they make. Go to neighboring towns as well with flyers. They can travel a good bit. Also check to see if there may be an Audubon Society in your areas to alert bird watchers too.

Morgan Haller

Moving in
Real Name
Morgan
Thank you. He's still missing, but I really hope he comes back soon.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thank you. He's still missing, but I really hope he comes back soon.
Can you put a recording of sun conures calling out to see if he'll respond? I'm sorry he's still missing!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Canvas the neighborhood and call to him. He's probably nearby and scared to death so he's hiding in a tree and being quiet. If he hears your voice he'll probably call out to you and if your lucky and he's not afraid to fly down he'll cone to you. I put Lurches cage on the roof below the tree he was in and ate all his favorite things up there but he wouldn't fly down. Once he knew I was there he started calling to me and preening. If he wasn't scared to fly down he would have come to me or his cage later but he was scared away by crows after a few days:( Good luck and we hope you get your friend back:bluhug: