• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Missing Sun Conure in TX - ID question - Please Help!!!

Morgan Haller

Moving in
Real Name
Morgan
My sun conure went missing the evening of Monday 7/22/19 from Converse, TX (San Antonio area).

He has a silver identification band around his left ankle. I have his id number, but does anyone have experience with how a finder could be able to locate me with that number? I cannot find a database for ID band numbers, does anyone know????

We are so worried about him and miss him terribly. Please share!!!

Thank you so very much,
Morgan Haller

Attachments

Last edited:

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
You have been given good advice, I would just add shelters to that list as well. Sorry this happened to you and I hope he comes back to you.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you find him. Also, notify the local police department too.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I really hope you find him soon! These are really great tips. Also about a week ago there was a post about a cockatiel who got out, she was found by the owner when she called out to her. Sometimes they don’t go very far, they’re just scared and quiet to not draw attention, but if they hear their human call out they’ll answer.

Prayers that you are reunited soon :heart:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Also, can you put his cage out in your yard? In case he is still in the area, he may just be confused but if he sees his home he’ll likely go to it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
When I lost my green cheek I was advised NOT to publish the entire band number. I have the certificate that shows her band number as proof but it's just one way to keep things on your side in case someone finds your bird and tries to keep it.

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
When Simon went missing, years ago, Bruce put flyers into letterboxes. All the letterboxes he figured were in the area where Simon went missing. This actually happened twice and both times we got a call within a few days.
So have lots of flyers printed and put them in letterboxes and even on lampposts and get all shops nearby to put a flyer in the window. The more flyers out there the more chance a person will recognise your bird and ring you even if they only saw your bird. Even placing flyers under windscreen wipers of cars can be helpful.
Good luck.