• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Missing nose fuzz on love bird

Pym

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Daisy
Hello! This Is my first post so yeah... To start off, I'm pretty new to owning a parrot. I did own one when I was younger but I don't remember much about it. I would say im pretty knowledgable on how to care for a bird correctly and I take all the precautions to ensure my bird is safe, happy, and healthy. So when I first brought my lovebird home, I noticed he was missing a little bit of fuzz around his right nostril and it didn't worry me much because he was still young (3 months old)and I figured it could probably just be that his feathers were still growing in. Well, today I noticed it was looking a little bit different, I couldn't tell if it had gotten worse or if thats what feathers growing in look like. I would really appreciate other peoples opinions/thoughts on what It could be/what i should do. Thank you for reading my post! :)

Attachments

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Reactions: Pym

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Hm, that's strange! I don't see any pin feathers, so I would doubt that it's new feathers growing in. But is this Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 10.46.26 AM.png bit a wound? Is that blood or wet feathers? It's possible that your bird just scratched around the feathers a bit so they were displaced and they look worse. But that's not very normal. Have you taken your bird to the vet yet?

I'm so glad that you are trying so hard to keep your adorable little lovebird happy :) I have had so many of them, and they are such sweet little parrots! Good luck, and I hope he gets better soon!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the avenue Daisy :)

I´ve never seen that on any of my birds. The brow line seems to be uneven too.

When bringing home a new bird, it´s always recommended to take them to the vet, so I would definitely do that asap and see what they think.

Pym

Real Name
Daisy
Hm, that's strange! I don't see any pin feathers, so I would doubt that it's new feathers growing in. But is this View attachment 382008 bit a wound? Is that blood or wet feathers? It's possible that your bird just scratched around the feathers a bit so they were displaced and they look worse. But that's not very normal. Have you taken your bird to the vet yet?

I'm so glad that you are trying so hard to keep your adorable little lovebird happy :) I have had so many of them, and they are such sweet little parrots! Good luck, and I hope he gets better soon!
Thank you for replying, he's still a little shy but he's letting me look up close at it right now, and I don't think its blood, it could be wet maybe. I am going to take him to the vet soon. He also does play a lot and is quite active so it could be from something like that.

Pym

Real Name
Daisy
Welcome to the avenue Daisy :)

I´ve never seen that on any of my birds. The brow line seems to be uneven too.

When bringing home a new bird, it´s always recommended to take them to the vet, so I would definitely do that asap and see what they think.
Thank you for your input, and of course, I will take him to the vet as soon as possible. :)