• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Missing Mango

Yuki Shiro

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Stefan
"Pulling yourself together" - well, all step by step.
I don't know, if know would be the time for that, you know yourself better.
And I am no counsellor.
But one shouldn't leave out a time of mourning. It is tough, but in the end, helps for the healing process.
And then you try to go on.

Listen to your gut feeling there.

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
"Pulling yourself together" - well, all step by step.
I don't know, if know would be the time for that, you know yourself better.
And I am no counsellor.
But one shouldn't leave out a time of mourning. It is tough, but in the end, helps for the healing process.
And then you try to go on.

Listen to your gut feeling there.
Thank you, you are right

Perroquet

Meeting neighbors
Jen, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

I'm experiencing all the same thoughts right now, all the "what if's" and regrets. Shezbug is right: we have to find ways to let go of that mental torture. I hate that the guilt intrudes on the grief of absence and on the happy memories. I've started writing about my feelings, and find that it helps a bit. I'm also coming to understand that, while we do our best to nurture and protect our birds, we can't possibly protect them from everything under the sun. We don't have that much control over anything in life.
Hugs to you, Jen, and thank you to this forum for all the comfort you give. I find that even other pet owners don't fully understand the human-bird relationship, and the pain of that loss.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry for your loss.

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
Jen, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.

I'm experiencing all the same thoughts right now, all the "what if's" and regrets. Shezbug is right: we have to find ways to let go of that mental torture. I hate that the guilt intrudes on the grief of absence and on the happy memories. I've started writing about my feelings, and find that it helps a bit. I'm also coming to understand that, while we do our best to nurture and protect our birds, we can't possibly protect them from everything under the sun. We don't have that much control over anything in life.
Hugs to you, Jen, and thank you to this forum for all the comfort you give. I find that even other pet owners don't fully understand the human-bird relationship, and the pain of that loss.
Thank you so much for your support and all of this forum. It is so difficult. Everything reminds me of my poor bird, so it’s hard to move past that. I now realize that my bird had a respiratory issue, upon reading about some of his behaviours. The guilt is insane.

I hope that you find comfort as well soon, somehow. We can only be patient and continue to support each other, because you are right, the outside world simply does not understand. Hugs to you as well.

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
I am very sorry for your loss and as expressed by everyone here keep in mind you did the best you could.

Sadly we do not come in this world with a book telling us what should be done or not.

I will pray for your bird and for you finding peace of mind.

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
I am very sorry for your loss and as expressed by everyone here keep in mind you did the best you could.

Sadly we do not come in this world with a book telling us what should be done or not.

I will pray for your bird and for you finding peace of mind.
Thank you so much

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
Having such a hard time with this ... have to move on, both of my kids are graduating this year and it is supposed to be a happy time for them with new adventures, one starting high school and the other post-secondary, but I cannot focus. Trying, though, but the “should have’s” are overpowering. Three weeks in a couple of days.

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time.

Sounds like you've got a lot of changes happening in your life right now.

Have you considered grief counseling?

I went a few years ago after the loss of a family member. It really helped! And turns out I had A LOT of grieving to do, not just with the recent loss.

Sometimes in life, particularly when there's change, our issues tend to manifest and streamline into one event. But that is just the "leak" that has sprung and there's much more going on below the surface.

I hope you're able to find some peace.

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier

I went a few years ago after the loss of a family member. It really helped! And turns out I had A LOT of grieving to do, not just with the recent loss.

Sometimes in life, particularly when there's change, our issues tend to manifest and streamline into one event. But that is just the "leak" that has sprung and there's much more going on below the surface.

You are right, there is a lot going on, so this event hasn’t helped. Thank you very much!