• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Missing egg

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
So a little while ago, one of Emma's eggs went missing. Just now getting around to posting. She was sitting on two fake and one real egg. The real egg was fertile and I had not yet removed it from the nest. Strangely one day, the real egg went missing. The two fake eggs were still in the nest. My best guess is Emma kicked the real egg out of the nest and I just missed it when I cleaned the cage. Seems that's the only explanation for the eggs disappearance... Unless she ate it

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I don't know about softbills but I know that eggs have "disappeared" from both cockatiel & gcc nests. So yes, sometimes they do eat their eggs ...

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
My society finches kick their eggs out of the nest a lot. I think you probably just missed it, they are TINY! Especially when shattered.

Clairecanary15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claire
Hi
Is Emma a canary or finch? Canaries do eat eggs..can be a nuisance at times. There is also the possibility that it fell out of the nest too.

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
I'm just gonna chalk it up to being kicked out of the nest and having missed it. Emma is a society Finch.