• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Missing cat update!

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
As some of you may know, my cat Thomas went missing about 5-6 months ago. I posted him up on the missing forum here on AA, also put missing flyers and posts everywhere and...... HE'S BACK! After months of searching, handing out flyers, and checking websites we have finally been reunited with Thomas! He is very happy to be home and I am also so very happy that he has been found safe and sound. I live in the middle of no where and I honestly thought the worst, but I did not give up hope and I am so happy that he is back.
Needless to say, he is never going outside again. Though I may attempt harness training so that I can take him outside.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
As some of you may know, my cat Thomas went missing about 5-6 months ago. I posted him up on the missing forum here on AA, also put missing flyers and posts everywhere and...... HE'S BACK! After months of searching, handing out flyers, and checking websites we have finally been reunited with Thomas! He is very happy to be home and I am also so very happy that he has been found safe and sound. I live in the middle of no where and I honestly thought the worst, but I did not give up hope and I am so happy that he is back.
Needless to say, he is never going outside again. Though I may attempt harness training so that I can take him outside.
Our cat used to have a harness for going outside. She loved it.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Harness training is awesome! All of our cats have gone in harness. Many cats enjoy it. :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Great news!

BirdWorld

That's terrific! So happy for you that you finally found him!!! :starshower:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
So glad he is back.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
:hug8:Congrats!

I hope my cat comes back soon.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Harness training is fun. I had two cats which took me for walks in the 90. Once one gets past the cat's "I have a harness on, therefore my legs don't work" reaction, The cat takes you for a walk, NOT you walking them! One thing you really have to watch out for is when the harnessed cat climbs a tree. There you stand beside the tree with the leash disappearing up into the boughs of the tree and people look at you like you are crazy, trying to walk a tree... Of course the cat does not come down from the tree until they want to, so the wait can be pretty long. Otherwise it is fun and everyone is amazed you walk a cat on a least...

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Fantastic update!!! I´m very happy for you! :yah: :bliss:

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
How did you find him? Is he microchipped? If not its a good idea.
A lady found him at the dump and was finally able to catch him. She posted a picture of him on Facebook and someone tagged me then I went and picked him up. I do plan to get him microchipped now