• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Missing BF Amazon - Lansing, MI

cjy9375

Moving in
Real Name
Courtney Ferrell
MISSING!!! Payton blue fronted amazon parrot!!! Last seen in Hawk Island Park Lansing, MI. She's currently up in a tree in a densely wooded area. I'm going back at sunrise to try and get her down. She recalls well but she's so high up and it's so wooded that I'm not sure she can figure out how to get to me. There is a small clearing but it's a little ways from the tree she was last perched in. If anyone has any tips on luring her into the open so she can fly to me I would appreciate it. Or just tips on getting her down period. Thanks

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Omg! I'm so sorry!

Maybe a favorite toy or food? She'll be hungry by morning so possibly her food bowl might lure her down to you. We're supposed to be in the 50s tonight so she should be alright. Just get there at sun up so she doesn't have any time to start roaming around.

Please keep us posted. If I lived a bit closer I'd come help you.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Maybe a favorite toy or food?
That's what we thought of when our gem cheek Pistachio got out and was spotted in a large oak tree. Hubby jingled his keys to entice him to hop down branch by branch in a tall tree til
he could reach him while I went to look for a ladder. Thankfully Pistachio was able to come down even though it was pretty windy that day.

Prayers for yours. :angel1:

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh no I'm sorry! I used to live down there; so many trees in that park, I hope she stays in the area!

Take a carrier, food, and if there is another bird in the house or a noise she responds to, take a video with your cellphone and blast it!!

Contact all the pet stores and shelters in the area just in case someone finds her first so they can get ahold of you. Print out some fliers and ask if you can post one at the entrance booth

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Prayers up

cjy9375

Moving in
Real Name
Courtney Ferrell
Sorry everyone I thought I would get an email when people replied and so since I didn't get an email I had assumed nobody responded.

Payton is still missing. I found her again this morning in the trees in Hawk Island Park at about the 0.6 mile mark where the trail splits. She has since moved on or isn't responding to my voice and I can't spot her in the trees. I'm planning on going back out this evening and searching some more. Thank you, everyone, for your advice and I'm reaching out to vet clinics/pet stores etc. Other ideas are welcome.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
If you're searching in the evening, bring a nice bright flashlight. Think of the wonderful things camera flashes do for their feathers. They practically light up! Good luck in your search.:fingerscrossed:

cjy9375

Moving in
Real Name
Courtney Ferrell
FOUND! PARROT HOME SAFE!!!
Payton was found early this morning while a friend and I were out looking for her. After some coaxing, she clumsily flew to me. She is currently home and sleeping!

I was out there at 6:30 am and I was looking for her until about 8:00 am until a friend spotted her. She looked weak and clumsy. I could tell she wanted to come to me and after about fifteen minutes of praise, encouragement and showing her treats she clumsily flew to me.

I'm going to let her rest and then see how she's doing. If she still looks dull after resting I'm going to take her to the avian vet. Honestly, I'm really want to take her in regardless but I'm leery of putting her through the stress of a vet exam and such if all she needs is food and rest.

I will update tomorrow on her status! Thank you, everyone, for your ideas and support.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Yay, please consider taking Payton to the avian vet, she may need fluids and a tube feeding or two. When they out and scared they get dehydrated and very hungry.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thankful!!!