• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mint???

Status
Not open for further replies.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Is it safe to give the fids mint? Are there certain kinds that are safe. Like peppermint, spearmint, orangemint, chocolate mint, etc? Also is the smell of mint cooking bad for them because it does produce a rather strong smell. Any comments would be appreciated:)

Last edited:

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Good question, I grow mint and was wondering the same thing the other day......

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
hmm, I have no idea! I bet Pat knows though, or BF!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Pure Mint added to regular food or cooked into something is not harmful but you should not be feeding anything in a "candy" form what so ever.

I suspect he is not so much interested in the mint but in the sugar?? :confused:

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Thanks, John. Gussie hasn't gone after the mint but I often put mint in my water--no sugar, just ice water. Since she often helps herself to whatever I'm eating or drinking, I've protected my glas when drinking minted water till I remember to ask. Happily, Logan "remembered" for me. Thanks, Logan. :)

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Pure Mint added to regular food or cooked into something is not harmful but you should not be feeding anything in a "candy" form what so ever.
I suspect he is not so much interested in the mint but in the sugar?? :confused:
I know the candy isn't good for them and she will never get any of that.
I think you thought when I said "Like peppermint, spearmint, orangemint, chocolate mint, etc?" Or I may just be completely wrong. I was wondering if the different varieties of mint were safe like these Mint 16 Varieties of Mints
But thank you for the response John.
Thanks, John. Gussie hasn't gone after the mint but I often put mint in my water--no sugar, just ice water. Since she often helps herself to whatever I'm eating or drinking, I've protected my glas when drinking minted water till I remember to ask. Happily, Logan "remembered" for me. Thanks, Logan. :)
Your welcome ;)

Last edited:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
glad to know that mint is a good thing - have several of those varieties here - love the way they all smell!

off topic, but mint planted in the yard is a natural fly deterrent

Status
Not open for further replies.