• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Minor eye scare

ddobs

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
David
I noticed this morning that my 2-year-old Meyer's, Dobie, had one eye half-closed. His lower lid came up but his upper lid appeared unable to lower. I had never seen this before. I'm aware that when birds are tired they can kind of half squint. This was different. So I made the conservative choice to take him to the ER. Vet flushed his eye with saline, applied antiseptic, and dyed the eye to see if anything showed up. Nothing. Vet thought his eye must have been irritated by something, anything. Relieved. I have had two health scares with my birds and I am trying to adopt a mindful approach so I don't become so anxious of something I can't control. They are living beings whose health may not be perfect throughout their lives.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
So glad all is well. Irritated eyes are horrible to deal with so your little guy is lucky you care so much to do the right thing asap, not all birds get such great care and considerations.