• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

minky, my ~3 month old lorikeet

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
Ellie has decided she doesn't like my mum anymore for some reason? I brought her out of her cage and put her on mum's bed, she crawled up onto her chest and full on attacked her for no reason. she wouldn't let go and she kept trying to fly back to keep attacking her when I took her away

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
Aww its so cute :heart:
I knowww :D considering she'll be 16 next year, I'm surprised how easily she lays her eggs and how perfect they always are. I was preparing for her to be egg bound but so far I haven't had any issues other than how awful her poop smells when she's laying eggs lol. I think she laid another because I accidentally put her in front of the mirror and caught her rubbing up against where she could see the mirror... she must've found herself a little too sexy haha..

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
20221025_145610.jpg
daily reminder to never ever trust dogs around birds, no matter how big your bird is and no matter how small your dog is. I thought I could trust my dog, as she never had an issue with small animals, but she lunged at Minky and oh my god the fear I felt in that moment.. Minky had no idea either. my other dog who passed away this year almost killed Minky when he was just a chick too, somehow he knocked his box over and managed to get him onto the ground. it was horrifying but luckily he hid away where the dog couldn't get him and was completely unharmed. please please be careful, dogs (and definitely cats) are unpredictable. I made a very silly mistake but luckily nothing happened

Last edited:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 416051
daily reminder to never ever trust dogs around birds, no matter how big your bird is and no matter how small your dog is. I thought I could trust my dog, as she never had an issue with small animals, but she lunged at Minky and oh my god the fear I felt in that moment.. Minky had no idea either. my other dog who passed away this year almost killed Minky when he was just a chick too, somehow he knocked his box over and managed to get him onto the ground. it was horrifying but luckily he hid away where the dog couldn't get him and was completely unharmed. please please be careful, dogs (and definitely cats) are unpredictable. I made a very silly mistake but luckily nothing happened
Oh goodness thank goodness Minky was ok. Poor baby boy.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
View attachment 416051
I watched a video today that showed how the pet dog reacted to the NEWBORN BABY!!! OH MY GOD... that people would ASSUME the dog would/could not hurt the human newborn! I WOULD NOT take the chance!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award