• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

minky, my ~3 month old lorikeet

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
20220902_164651.jpg 20220902_164740.jpg
Minky enjoying his spinach! he has been grumpy lately and trying to hump everything and everyone (apart from my mum, who he for some reason loves biting super hard. he even laughs when he does). Ellie has been a dirty birdie, showing off her "underpants" to me everytime I try to take her out of the cage :o: she seems to think her little cat bell ball toys are eggs at night and sits on them, I don't want to remove them just in case she lays eggs. spring is definitely here :birdance:

Attachments

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
So gorgeous you are so lucky:rl: their little youngest are amazing
me and my daughter are in love with them since feeding them at longleat they are now our dream bird our local pet store had a handfed baby week after we went but was reserved my 6year old didn’t want to leave the store
How are they to own ?

Attachments

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
So gorgeous you are so lucky:rl: their little youngest are amazing
me and my daughter are in love with them since feeding them at longleat they are now our dream bird our local pet store had a handfed baby week after we went but was reserved my 6year old didn’t want to leave the store
How are they to own ?
they are lovely birds but they're a lot of work, can get really mean and even draw blood. they're not fun when they decide youre doing something they don't like :') but they're very smart and love to play. crazy birds with a lot of personality. oh and their poop.. they poop so much and its all liquidy.. there's a lot of pros with them but also a fair share of cons :o:

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
1662706200154.png 1662706252666.png
me and ellie were chilling and then the evil boy decided he didnt like that anymore, threw his apple and flew on top of her to try attack her :( luckily shes fine, just super angry, she flew onto the ground (good exercise I guess?). hopefully minky will chill out a bit eventually :(

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Will you be entering in the calendar contest? :swoon:

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Maybe you can crop it if it’s acceptable? Not sure of all the rules. Personally I like the one of your avatar. Love babies on their backs!:lol:

Last edited:

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 414800 not sure if i should submit this photo to the competition or take another. I hate that there's a sprite bottle in the back :(
So cute! I like it sprite bottle and all but I think you definitely have enought time to take more and then decide :D

I took at least 10 photos myself, choosing between them was the hardest part :lol:

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
Maybe you can crop it if it’s acceptable? Not sure of all the rules. Personally I like the one of your avatar. Love babies on their backs!:lol:
I would use the one in my avatar but it doesn't meet the size requirements and its portrait instead of landscape:(
So cute! I like it sprite bottle and all but I think you definitely have enought time to take more and then decide :D

I took at least 10 photos myself, choosing between them was the hardest part :lol:
I'll try to take more but he's so hyper its hard to take nice pictures!!

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'll try to take more but he's so hyper its hard to take nice pictures!!
Awww a hyper baby :heart:

I had luck with setting my bird down on his general play area and having my phone ready to snap any down time moments (mostly when he was preening lol)

Your baby is sooo pretty though hopefully you get some other good pics as well! :swoon:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Pretty picture. What are you going to make.