• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

minky, my ~3 month old lorikeet

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What are the dimensions length and width. I bought some washing machine drain pans. They are 29 x 33 inches. For larger cages you would need 2. They are about 1.5 inches deep. I pputa heavy duty vinyl paint drop cloth down then the drip trays. THen i wrestle the cage into the trays.

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Please excuse all typos. My phone no longer likes AA. IT RAndomly adds, ddeletesor rearranges letters and spaces. And adds random lines. Only does it on Aa and only some times. Also random caps.

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
What are the dimensions length and width. I bought some washing machine drain pans. They are 29 x 33 inches. For larger cages you would need 2. They are about 1.5 inches deep. I pputa heavy duty vinyl paint drop cloth down then the drip trays. THen i wrestle the cage into the trays.
thanks for the reply! the cage is about the same size, I think!
Please excuse all typos. My phone no longer likes AA. IT RAndomly adds, ddeletesor rearranges letters and spaces. And adds random lines. Only does it on Aa and only some times. Also random caps.
hahaha don't worry about it, I know what you're saying :D my phone is a pain, too :p

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Minky is so handsome.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
He is so adorable.

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
I have a video of him rubbing his face against mine but I look awful, ill try get another video w/o most of my face in it

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
agh i think he might have just shown hormonal behaviour, he was rubbing his butt on my blanket :( is 7 months old too young for him to be doing that ?? I put him back in his cage so he would stop

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Minky is very pretty.

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
:heart: 20220218_200131.jpg
so sorry for my inactivity, really struggling with mental health as my 6 year old guinea pig just died recently and my partner of 4 years just broke up with me (thankfully we are on good terms and supporting each other through this.. it still hurts, though)
I think minky knows that im struggling because he rubs his face against me, preens me, etc. he's just been really great

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
his feathers are looking really great, I think he's finally done moulting(molting?). not sure why it took so long but his feathers are soooo smooth and he has basically no pin feathers now :heart: :D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Definitely beautiful.