• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

minky, my ~3 month old lorikeet

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
I think I’ll have to do something similar when I get my kitchen remodeled. It’ll be a bit snug for a few weeks! Lol!
yup haha :D and oh wow nice!! brand new kitchen!! we definitely could use a new kitchen, having 5 people use one small granny kitchen isn't easily lol

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Hey look. This matches me so I think I shall eat it.

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
Aww what a good boy to eat his veggies! Zazu and Tobias were/are the same they both ignored fruit and just stuffed their faces full of veggies.
yeah hahaha :D he loves his blueberries, grapes, rockmelon and mango but seems to love leafy greens and peas, green beans, snap peas, etc way more. not sure why, I guess he just does :laugh: he also loooves the lorikeet fruit bars!! chews on them all day!! birds are a joy loll

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
20211213_134335.jpg moved his cage back out into the living room so he could get some sun and talk to the other birds outside :D I wish the cage wheels weren't broken, its a pain moving it back and forth. might buy some replacement wheels if I can

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
oh yeah, his feathers were looking pretty rough on his face but they're looking nicer now that they've come back in. same with his chest. he's still molting (I can tell because bigger feathers are being dropped now and he's still pretty crabby sometimes) but hopefully it won't be too much longer now. maybe another month.

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
He is gorgeous!:heart: I looked after a Lori a couple of years ago for one of my tenants that had to go for surgery. Cypress was a love, and so sweet.

if you can’t find wheels for the cage, an option might be to get a flat dolly or just make your own with the wheels and a piece of plywood or MDF board. Would give you mobility and the extra storage under the cage as well….

minkylory

Real Name
Nel
He is gorgeous!:heart: I looked after a Lori a couple of years ago for one of my tenants that had to go for surgery. Cypress was a love, and so sweet.

if you can’t find wheels for the cage, an option might be to get a flat dolly or just make your own with the wheels and a piece of plywood or MDF board. Would give you mobility and the extra storage under the cage as well….
oh true!! yeah that's actually a good idea, if I can't find wheels I'll definitely think about doing that instead

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
This matches me too.