• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

minky, my ~3 month old lorikeet

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Minky was a cute ball of fluff.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww! But he dries quickly!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
With a sociable, fearless little bird like Minky, investigating whatever *you* eat and drink will probably often happen, lol! Herbal tea? No problem! Tea with caffeine? Sorry little Minky!

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
With a sociable, fearless little bird like Minky, investigating whatever *you* eat and drink will probably often happen, lol! Herbal tea? No problem! Tea with caffeine? Sorry little Minky!
do you think decaf tea would be fine? sometimes he will fly to my cup and try to literally chug it and I don't want him to get sick because he wants what I have :(

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Decaf tea still has some caffeine in it I believe—like decaf coffee. It’s not ‘caffeine free’.

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
Decaf tea still has some caffeine in it I believe—like decaf coffee. It’s not ‘caffeine free’.
ahhh okay I see. I saw a tea that is 99% caffeine free but I suppose I could also just start drinking herbal tea instead :) I do have some raspberry + strawberry tea which is completely caffeine free and is more than likely actually healthy for him too

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
You just have to do what's best for him, even if it doesn't make him happy. He'll get over it.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 398995 I took his cage into my room so he can get some air-conditioning (its pretty hot today) and I don't think I can call my room a room anymore because there's no frickin room hahaha
I think I’ll have to do something similar when I get my kitchen remodeled. It’ll be a bit snug for a few weeks! Lol!