• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Mini Donkey

Yoshi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Due to @Tinta 's request - here are a few pica of our mini donkey. Her name is Smudge and she tends to think of herself as a dog and would invite herself into the house if we allowed it.

Attachments

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
She's so cute! I love her. I've always had a hankering for a little Donkey in my backyard. Looking at yours....I'm back to wanting one! :laugh:

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
Oh my gosh!
She's the cutest thing. :heart:
Donkeys are amazing and mini ones are twice as much.
I wish there was like a wiggly icon here. /flail

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how adorable!!!

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
how cute!! now she has me thinking of Donkey from the Shrek movies. :lol:

Lockwood

Strolling the yard
:starshower1:
Smudge is adorable!

I have two myself, a small standard and a BLM burro.
When I was looking for a mini for my farm, I talked to a lady over the phone who convinced me she had two minis she wanted to get rid of. Luckily I took my trailer when I went to look at them as they both ended up being rescues. They were not minis at all and they hadn't had their hooves done in years :mad: ....so needless to say I could not leave without taking them with me.

Aren't donks just wonderful!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
What a cute face! :heart: Is she a pet or does she have a 'job' (I know nothing about donkeys)?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
She looks very sweet!

Matt

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Smudge is adorable. I have a coworker that has one also and he does invite himself in their house ;)

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
:starshower1:
Smudge is adorable!

I have two myself, a small standard and a BLM burro.
When I was looking for a mini for my farm, I talked to a lady over the phone who convinced me she had two minis she wanted to get rid of. Luckily I took my trailer when I went to look at them as they both ended up being rescues. They were not minis at all and they hadn't had their hooves done in years :mad: ....so needless to say I could not leave without taking them with me.

Aren't donks just wonderful!
I would love to have a BLM burro someday! So sad to hear the state they were in but glad to hear they are in a good home now. Not sure why but people not getting donkey hooves trimmed seems to be a common issue.

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
What a cute face! :heart: Is she a pet or does she have a 'job' (I know nothing about donkeys)?
Well everyone around here is a pet - but she does have a bit of a job as well. We had a dog drive our mini mare through the fence in the spring - so Smudge is a dog deterrent. She doesn't tolerate them and will chase them away. Plus right now she is still pretty young, but as she matures a bit we will train her to pull a cart too. She's going to be so adorable hooked up! :lol:

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
She's adorable!! One of my old barns had three mini donks I loved them so much! Such huge personalities.

Lockwood

Strolling the yard
I would love to have a BLM burro someday! So sad to hear the state they were in but glad to hear they are in a good home now. Not sure why but people not getting donkey hooves trimmed seems to be a common issue.
Thanks. The both had curled elf hooves and as bad as any that my farrier had ever seen. It's taken a while to get them back in shape.

The BLM burro is rather...um.... different. He was a yearling when he was rounded up and even though he's now about 15, he hasn't forgotten. Anything. Like an elephant he is. Smart booger too though, and once you gain their trust they are rock solid.
I would imagine you've already seen how different donks think from horses.... ;)

Yoshi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Thanks. The both had curled elf hooves and as bad as any that my farrier had ever seen. It's taken a while to get them back in shape.

The BLM burro is rather...um.... different. He was a yearling when he was rounded up and even though he's now about 15, he hasn't forgotten. Anything. Like an elephant he is. Smart booger too though, and once you gain their trust they are rock solid.
I would imagine you've already seen how different donks think from horses.... ;)
Poor guys.

Yes - donkeys are different. I used to have a larger one from mammoth stock but had to sell him a few years ago when the recession hit and I was layed off for a long period. Still miss that boy.

Momto3boys

Real Name
Brandy
Sooooooo adorable :heart:

Last Summer I almost got goats (moment of insanity) and I joined a goat forum and they all told me to get a donkey as well to protect the goats (we have bears, raccoons, foxes, etc) because the donkey will chase anything/everything away.

I had no idea goats were so protective...
I do love them though, however I doubt I will ever own one, LOL

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Gorgeous, I adore donkeys.

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe