• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mini Cuteness!

Yoshi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
Here are my minis. These pics are over the last couple months.

The first one is Scribbles. She is the bay and she is 10 years old. Currently working on getting her cart trained! She is the lead mare of the little herd and everyone knows she is boss - don't let her cuteness deceive you! I'm quite sure she would even rule the big guys if she was allowed in their field. She was a show horse in her younger years and failed broodmare - they could never get her to take. Double registered and some amazing bloodlines behind her. She is quick to get new people wrapped around her cute little hoof with those big eyes of hers.

The second one is Doodles - the black filly. We came across her when we were looking for a friend for Scribbles and were actually looking for a mini donkey or mule. This girl was so thin when we found her you could see very pointy hips, count every rib, her muscles were sunken in and she had runny eyes, juvinile warts on her nose, and a really bad case of rain rot/hair loss on her back and down her back legs. She has come a long ways! Still has some more to go too, but she will eventually get there. She is 2 years old and hopefully will start cart training next spring.

Finally there is Smudge - a mini donkey we picked up when we bought a nice used mini cart a couple weeks ago. She is about a year old, so the youngest of the group. She is also the sweetest. No one has broke it to her that she is a donkey and not a puppy. She follows us everywhere when allowed too. First day here she followed my husband out to get the mail and back. No lead or anything - just call her and she comes running. Donkeys are good protectors and keep coyotes at bay so we hope when she grows up she will offer some protection to our mini herd. We also hope to get her driving the cart as well when she grows up.

Attachments

ImaBirdMom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jessica
Oh wow all your babies are gorgeous! Love your donkey! What a baby face she has

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
They are beautiful and what great companions.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Scribbles is adorable! :heart: Her personality really shines through!

Doodles is beautiful! :heart: How awful that she was so neglected, poor thing! :(

And Smudge is a beauty too! :heart:

sweet francis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
lindsey
I love the donkey! One of my clients has a mini donkey that plays with their corgi. She told me that they can live at least 40 years!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
They are all beautiful but that donkey is so adorable.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they are all adora ble!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month