• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mineral blocks good?

MyYungi40

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mary
Hi everyone!
I have a pair of parakeets named Yungi and Sunny. Sunny was supposed to be my mother's but became mine when it turned out she was highly allergic to the feathers. Still she recently gave this pineapple shape/flavored mineral treat for them. I noticed after they finally started nibbling they seem a lot more chirpy and active. Is it normal for them to get so hyper?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What kind of diet are they on? The mineral blocks are basically just plaster of Paris (a form of calcium) with some added minerals and flavor. If they are eating just seeds, this helps fill in some of the nutritional deficiencies, which can help them feel more energetic I suppose.

MyYungi40

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mary
What kind of diet are they on? The mineral blocks are basically just plaster of Paris (a form of calcium) with some added minerals and flavor. If they are eating just seeds, this helps fill in some of the nutritional deficiencies, which can help them feel more energetic I suppose.
I feed them wild harvest advanced nutrition for parakeets.