• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Milton's three day adventure...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We are having a three day adventure with Milton.

Yesterday, Milty and Irving visited our church's vacation bible school. We always make a visit there, so Milt is used to the experience.
He was a perfect gentleman...he danced and waved at the kids ...he let them pet him...then lifted his wings so they could pet him there...a high honor. ;)

Today, another "Bark at the Park" event at the baseball game. Milt loves the attention showered on him there. It's supposed to rain today, but we sit in a protected area.

Tomorrow...Milton and Buddy's annual in Buffalo, NY...an hour and a half one way trip with two squabbling birds in the back seat...I'm getting the satellite radio in the rental tomorrow to drown out the arguing...;)

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
he danced and waved at the kids ...he let them pet him...then lifted his wings so they could pet him there...a high honor. ;)
Aw Milton, you´re such a good bird :) ❤

Have fun at the baseball game, I hope it doesn´t rain!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Love to see a video of Milton and Buddy arguing. Do they use words at each other or just sounds.
Buddy yells (screams) at Milton...and Milton tells Buddy to "SHUT UP"...unfortunately, there's no way of getting this "discussion" on video since I'll be making the trip by myself..no one else wants to be subjected to the screaming on a road trip...;) :rolleyes:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m glad Milton is having so much fun lately! :dance4: I bet those kids were overjoyed.:heart: The idea of traveling with two parrots arguing like two kids in the backseat cracks me up!:rofl:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The idea of traveling with two parrots arguing like two kids in the backseat cracks me up!:rofl:
..the idea of the two screaming at each other is already giving me a headache...or is the screaming of all of them right now giving me the headache?

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Good thing Milton and Buddy are in cages or they would probably hit each other too! :rofl::rofl: an hour and a half!
:omg: good luck with that!!:hehe:

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Oh boy!! I can’t imagine getting to see a Cockatoo at Vacation Bible School. That’s so fun!
Good luck on your trip—might as well have a couple toddlers in the back seat. :laugh:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Our visit at VBS was nice...Milton was a perfect gentleman, let the kids pet him. (even under his wings-a high honor) He even danced for them...he was so happy for all the attention that was shown towards him...naturally. ;)

The "Bark at the Park" night had problems. Even though Milton had been there three times before (with no problems) the ticket scanner person refused to let us in. He had three off duty cops there to "back him up". I demanded to see an official from the baseball team to talk to him about it. While I was waiting the cops made inappropriate remarks and began laughing at me...calling me a "bird brain, etc".

Talking to the official, Milton and I were "permitted" to attend. I have filed complaints against the police involved (who were uniformed, so even if they were off duty, still represented the City and the taxpayers) charging "unprofessional conduct".

Our trip to the AV went fine. Both birds got a clean bill of health, although Buddy tried to bite everyone in sight, and Milton tried hiding under my chair in an attempt not to get weighed.
They fussed and complained all the way up and back...as usual.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tomorrow...Milton and Buddy's annual in Buffalo, NY...an hour and a half one way trip with two squabbling birds in the back seat...I'm getting the satellite radio in the rental tomorrow to drown out the arguing...;)
I wish I would have seen this sooner. I believe we go to the same AV. It would have been nice to meet .

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I can't get over you had an issue like that with the police! Make sure something is done about that Bob! That ruins the whole night!
You are quite correct...it ruined the whole evening. I don't blame the organization...I just can't believe the insensitivity of some people.

And it's funny...the game night staff who work the games all recognized Milton right away...they're all so happy to see him...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Such jerks...I don't understand why that even happened. I wonder if it was someone new at the gate? :bored:
I don't know.

The Bark at the Park nights are really fun nights...I'd never considered taking any of my birds to a game until I saw games in Pittsburgh and San Diego on TV. The game in San Diego showed a pot bellied pig in attendance...and the game in Pittsburgh had a fan dressed like a pirate...with a Blue and Gold Macaw on his shoulder!
Just for reference, the baseball team in Pittsburgh are the Pirates...so the connection is a natural one...the team in San Diego are the Padres (no pigs involved ;))

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I don't know.

The Bark at the Park nights are really fun nights...I'd never considered taking any of my birds to a game until I saw games in Pittsburgh and San Diego on TV. The game in San Diego showed a pot bellied pig in attendance...and the game in Pittsburgh had a fan dressed like a pirate...with a Blue and Gold Macaw on his shoulder!
Just for reference, the baseball team in Pittsburgh are the Pirates...so the connection is a natural one...the team in San Diego are the Padres (no pigs involved ;))
I’m in the Burgh, I remember the Pirate and the Macaw!
I can’t believe that happened to you and Milton, sorry a bunch of idiots ruined your night :sad11: