• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Milton's three day adventure...

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Oh wow! My nephew used to be a communications manager for the Pittsburgh Pirates. Trevor Gooby. Now he's in Washington State, I think...he's my late husband's nephew actually. :jawdrop1:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I can’t believe that happened to you and Milton, sorry a bunch of idiots ruined your night :sad11:
I was really PO'd about the whole thing...and swore that I'd never come to another game again...BUT...There's one more "Bark at the Park Night" in early August..and Milton and I are DARN SURE going to be there...along with the news media...just for fun...;)

Revenge is best served cold...with a helping of news coverage on the side...;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I’m in the Burgh, I remember the Pirate and the Macaw!
The fan and the Macaw looked sharp...reminded me of the label of Captain Morgan...sorry about the gratuitous plug for liquor...

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Zane went to bible camp one year. That was really fun experience :) I glad Milton gets to enjoy those experiences :heart:

Echo's soaks up all the attention he gets when in public too. I can totally imagine Milty doing the the same. Must be a Too thing. ;)

I'm sorry you have to deal rude police officers. Thats a real shame. Especially sad that it was police who were the rude ones :explode: Im glad you reported them.

I'm been really lucky with Echo out in public. Most people who approach us really seem to love the experience of seeing and/or interacting with him. Occasionally I get bewildered looks lol. Once was call a crazy bird lady on Facebook but I think was meant as good fun. And hey I wear the crazy bird lady tag proudly;):laugh:

When I took Zane out it was kind of a different story. I think because he was a self mutilator and wasn't 'perfect looking". I get a couple dirty looks and once had someone mutter "theres something wrong with that bird" in a really accusatory tone to their friend as they walked by. But that was the worst of it.

I was self conscious about the way Zane looked and was quick to mention he was a rescue because of that. Those who wanted to listen to his story were very supportive and thanked me for taking him in. :)

Last edited:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
When I took Zane out it was kind of a different story. I think because he was a self mutilator and wasn't 'perfect looking". I get a couple dirty looks and once had someone mutter "theres something wrong with that bird" in a really accusatory tone to their friend as they walked by. But that was the worst of it.

I was self conscious about the way Zane looked and was quick to mention he was a rescue because of that. Those who wanted to listen to his story were very supportive and thanked me for taking him in. :)
That’s terrible :( Most likely they were just ignorant and have no clue what they were talking about, at least that’s always been my perspective. That, or people who are that judgmental are usually the biggest hypocrites and need to point blame on others because of something similar in their life that IS actually their fault. :yes:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
That’s terrible :( Most likely they were just ignorant and have no clue what they were talking about, at least that’s always been my perspective. That, or people who are that judgmental are usually the biggest hypocrites and need to point blame on others because of something similar in their life that IS actually their fault. :yes:
Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head when you say it was ignorant. I think thats what bugs me the most about it. I can totally I understand if someone was genuinely concerned about him. I had a couple little experiences of that but they were polite about it and didn't come across as really judgmental. Its when people choose to stay ignorant about it and judgy about it that bothers me. I'm quite happy to talk about Zane and his story to anyone who's willing to listen. :)

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
What a bummer the police were so ignorant and rude.

Milty seemed so happy in the last footage of him at the game so I’m glad you eventually got in even if you had to endure some childish behaviour from people who should know better.

I can only imagine your car ride :rofl:

Glad everything went well at the vets :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milty seemed so happy in the last footage of him at the game so I’m glad you eventually got in even if you had to endure some childish behaviour from people who should know better.
...when they showed Milton on the big screen at the ball park, the crowd oohed and ahhed...so Milt began to dance...so the crowd began to applaud...by that time Milt had spotted himself on the screen...which meant more dancing, displaying, and yelling "I A PRETTY PRETTY BIRD"...which everyone heard...which led to everyone saying "HE'S TALKING!"

I have concluded that Milton is a ham who craves as much attention as he can get...;) :rofl:

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
...when they showed Milton on the big screen at the ball park, the crowd oohed and ahhed...so Milt began to dance...so the crowd began to applaud...by that time Milt had spotted himself on the screen...which meant more dancing, displaying, and yelling "I A PRETTY PRETTY BIRD"...which everyone heard...which led to everyone saying "HE'S TALKING!"

I have concluded that Milton is a ham who craves as much attention as he can get...;) :rofl:
ooh that would have been priceless to see! I'd have run over to get his autograph.
I wish Milton would have given those police and gate attendant the evil eye and said "You a bad bird!" I wonder how far their jaws would have dropped?

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I wish Milton would have given those police and gate attendant the evil eye and said "You a bad bird!" I wonder how far their jaws would have dropped?
...now that would've been something...;) :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
ooh that would have been priceless to see! I'd have run over to get his autograph.
That would have been perfect!

@cassiesdad I am glad you followed up with the police. Very inappropriate, and juvenile behavior.

:heart: Milton

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
:rofl: That would have been awesome!! I so wish that happened! YOU BAD BIRD, YOU GOOD DAD!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
WOW police really police!!!!!
If you go in August take the media with and if possible video it yourself. Let me know if you video it cuz I will put it up on my channel. There is no flipping reason for that type of behavior.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Reminds me of the lady who brought a beautiful scarlet macaw into my local PetCo. The mac was on leash and in aviator harness. They were clients of Dr Barb's clinic. We were chatting when a associate came up to us saying that the bird could not be in the store. WHAT¡¿¡¡¿¿¿ I was flabbergasted. Really, the bird was quiet sitting on my arm. I asked why? The sales clerk said it wasn't leashed pet. I was holding the leash short. I pointed to the leash and the harness. He was still rude towards us, saying that the bird was being annoying. Really, hmmm the macaw was quiet, accepting scritchs from my hand. I asked for the manager at that time. She came over and I asked her point blank was this beauty causing a problem. She said no. I asked why was it asked to leave by the associate. She didn't say it came from her mouth. She apologized but the lady &macaw lefted. I reported it to the company anyways. The manager wasn't there the next time I went in.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
WOW police really police!!!!!
If you go in August take the media with and if possible video it yourself. Let me know if you video it cuz I will put it up on my channel. There is no flipping reason for that type of behavior.
I really don't know what got into the police and why they reacted that way.

I think the men and women who serve and protect us have a challenging enough of a job just doing that...and I don't want to tarnish our Department in any way, shape, or form.

It's just like any group of humans...there are going to be a few that, by their behavior, make it harder for the vast majority to even do their jobs...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry Bob. I hope the officers get severely reprimanded for their actions. I'm glad you and Milton salvaged the evening.

And this is off subject -and maybe I'll make a separate post later but our rescue had a booth at the Furry convention this year. I have never been to an event before that showed such kindness and acceptance of everyone. I actually got emotional at times watching how the people who are often laughed at by others were so kind to everyone. It restored my faith in humanity. :)

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
We are having a three day adventure with Milton.

Yesterday, Milty and Irving visited our church's vacation bible school. We always make a visit there, so Milt is used to the experience.
He was a perfect gentleman...he danced and waved at the kids ...he let them pet him...then lifted his wings so they could pet him there...a high honor. ;)

Today, another "Bark at the Park" event at the baseball game. Milt loves the attention showered on him there. It's supposed to rain today, but we sit in a protected area.

Tomorrow...Milton and Buddy's annual in Buffalo, NY...an hour and a half one way trip with two squabbling birds in the back seat...I'm getting the satellite radio in the rental tomorrow to drown out the arguing...;)

You need to teach them the baseball song.
" take me out to the ballgame..... " ..lol...beats listening to squabble. :choir::choir::thewave: