• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Milton hops...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We were watching TV this morning...

Milton: (climbing on the bed and walking up to my face) "WHATCHA DOIN?"

Me: Watching TV, Bird...

Milton: "OK"...

Milty walks over to the edge of the bed and looks at the "no table"...

Milton: "WANNA GO THERE"....

He wants to sit on the ledge just above the table surface...usually I just pick him up and put him there...but today...

Me: If you want to go there, go on...you're allowed...

So Milty jumps (hops) onto the ledge...he makes it, but knocks a couple of pill vials over with his tail.

Milton: (most pleased with himself) "WHEEE...I A PRETTY PRETTY BIRD!"

Me: Good for you, Bird...next time, make sure you lift your tail up, and you won't knock anything over...

Milton: "I KNOW DAT!"...

...sure he does...;)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a GOOD, PRETTY PRETTY BIRD. Of course he knows if he keeps his tail up he won't knock things off. But where is the fun in that.

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As a result of these hilarious Milton stories I had the funniest dream about him 2 nights ago! (and I haven't ever seen him!)

I dreamt that I was birdsitting him, and he absolutely ran circles around me :shocked4: I was going mad cos he had learnt to open all my kitchen cupboards and was eating my coco pops!

In the end I was glad to wake up! It made me resolve to never offer to birdsit a too :laughin:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ohhh Milty really is just too precious :heart:
The more I read about him the more he steals of my heart!!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
As a result of these hilarious Milton stories I had the funniest dream about him 2 nights ago! (and I haven't ever seen him!)

I dreamt that I was birdsitting him, and he absolutely ran circles around me :shocked4: I was going mad cos he had learnt to open all my kitchen cupboards and was eating my coco pops!

In the end I was glad to wake up! It made me resolve to never offer to birdsit a too :laughin:
Sounds like Milton morphed into Elvis. LOL. Milton is too good of a bird to open kitchen cupboards. That would be my rascal. ;)

And I didn't have time to write about it, but I did get to see Milton last week when I picked up Elvis and heard "I'm a pretty, pretty bird" a number of times. LOL. I think my fiancé got an "I love you" though which always makes me jealous as Milton way prefers him over me. o_O And I got to see Tweety, Buddy, Omega and Harely and even got to hold Igor and Sunshine. Although I don't think Sunshine was happy about it, lol, and clearly just wanted to go back to Bob. (Last week wasn't my week for birds, one of my former fosters sliced my finger open too. I live with a cockatoo and get nailed by a canary-winged. Who would have thought?)

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds like Milton morphed into Elvis. LOL. Milton is too good of a bird to open kitchen cupboards. That would be my rascal. ;)
The last thing I would need is a pantry too invasion! What works against a too infestation? :hehe:

It was such a funny dream, I woke up all flustered! I was happy to hear Jeff's little gentle morning songs and see them sitting so quietly and calmly :lol:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Milton is so funny!:rofl: I’m sure next time Milton will remember to keep his tail up...NOT! :lol:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I think my fiancé got an "I love you" though which always makes me jealous as Milton way prefers him over me. o_O
Howie was definitely a favored person when you guys were here. ;) Milty sees anyone sitting near him as a rightful perch...he ran right up on his shoulder, flipped his baseball cap off, and proceeded to crawl into Howie's shirt. Howie was definitely a little taken aback by Milty's forceful greetings...but every one relaxed and every thing went fine.

Milton does have a slight preference for men...but when a lady piques his fancy, he'll start laying on the charm with her...flirting shamelessly...:wtf:

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The last thing I would need is a pantry too invasion! What works against a too infestation? :hehe:
...with Milton, you need to have vanilla ice cream or whipped cream around...either one would clear up the infestation quickly...he'll go ANYWHERE he can have either one...;)

Wthensler

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
William hensler
When Miss Coco hops, trouble generally follows. Amazing how quickly she can find it. She’ll hop into the bathroom, climb the cabinet, open the top drawer, find Samantha’s lipstick, open it, and make a MESS!

and she’s quiet as a church mouse all the while........

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I'd love to see a video of Milton! He sounds like quite a character :)

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Howie was definitely a favored person when you guys were here. ;) Milty sees anyone sitting near him as a rightful perch...he ran right up on his shoulder, flipped his baseball cap off, and proceeded to crawl into Howie's shirt. Howie was definitely a little taken aback by Milty's forceful greetings...but every one relaxed and every thing went fine.

Milton does have a slight preference for men...but when a lady piques his fancy, he'll start laying on the charm with her...flirting shamelessly...:wtf:
Ha ha ha!!!! Can't blame him for flirting.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'd love to see a video of Milton! He sounds like quite a character :)
I'd love to get some videos of Milton, but he has that camera-shy attitude to the extreme...attacking cameras (and the person behind them!) over and over again. :(

That doesn't mean there aren't pics of Milty floating around, but you can plainly see that they're taken from a safe distance away from him...;) My brother seems to have the most success getting pictures of featherbutt...I always promise that he'll post some of the pictures he's got...hopefully he'll get some time soon to post them...:fingerscrossed:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I still can't get over the conversations you can have with him. And I KNOW DAT! LOL

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I still can't get over the conversations you can have with him. And I KNOW DAT! LOL
The thing I've noticed over the years is that Milton gets more responsive if there's something he wants that I "interfere" with...like getting under my shirt, getting into something he knows he shouldn't get into, walking out to the guinea pig cage or the kitchen...stuff like that...he seems like he's quick to respond to my protestations,, admonishments, etc....