• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Milton found something interesting...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Wife came in the room to let me know what we needed from the grocery store this morning. I grabbed a pen and note pad, but the pen was globbing up and making a mess, so I threw it in the trash (or I thought I did) got another pen, and made the list out.

Milton observed this...and slid down the cage to the floor...

Milton: (stepping sideways over behind the trash can) " HI...I PRETTY BIRD"...

Me: Yes, you are a pretty bird...where are you going?

Milton disappears behind trash can...reappears a second later with the pen in his mouth...throws pen across floor...

Milton: "PEEKBOO"...

Me: You know you can't have that, Bird...

Milton keeps picking pen up and throwing it...just out of my reach, of course...

Milton: "I GOT IT!"

Finally, he tosses it too close to me and I grab it...

Milton: "DAT MINE...WANT IT NOW!"

Me: No, you can't have it...and I toss it FINALLY in the trash can.

Milton: "YOU BAD!"

That sucker tried for 15 minutes to get into that trash can to get that pen back... :rolleyes:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
'Toos are definitely determined when they want something. Maybe you should fill the garbage can up with things he can play with. LOL. Actually, that might be an idea for Elvis.............. ;)

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I have a "trash" box just for these occasions! :lol:

Dorcas George

Milton is AMAZING! And before coming to the Avenue, I, having never had experience with any birds but budgies, thought birds “talking” was all mimicry. The way some of the big birds actually communicate with their parronts just amazes me. And makes me :glowlol:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
:lol:I love the sideways walk With the “Hi...I a pretty bird”! :heart:
...that's a Milton specialty...just like the sideways grab he'll try to get away with...usually there's food involved with that... ;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Maybe you should fill the garbage can up with things he can play with. LOL.
I actually have thought about something like that for him...but he's not very into foot toys and such...he likes to pick up forbidden items, though...pens, pencils, TV remotes, my wallet..you know, those kinds of things...:rolleyes:

He definitely is a two year old human with feathers...into everything...with extreme cuteness...

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I actually have thought about something like that for him...but he's not very into foot toys and such...he likes to pick up forbidden items, though...pens, pencils, TV remotes, my wallet..you know, those kinds of things...:rolleyes:

He definitely is a two year old human with feathers...into everything...with extreme cuteness...
His antics are just adorable!! Especially when he says YOU BAD!! LOL

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
...that's a Milton specialty...just like the sideways grab he'll try to get away with...usually there's food involved with that... ;)
Fred has started doing that with my son! Fred will reach towards my son with his foot! And he's the only one he does that with!! And Fred will also take his foot and push my son away! and my son will pretend to fall back! Those two are hilarious! He's definitely different with all of us!!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry

Milton sounds a lot like Dobby seeing how he loves to chew, destroy, grab forbidden objects. He doesn't express himself as clearly as Milty but he certainly makes his wants known. He whistles a lot to get what he wants and express himself and does talk a bit but more of DOBBY! Dobby good boy, hi Dobby, etc. Lurch was better at using words to express himself, Nerd talked wild Pionus.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
YOU BAD DAD. Spoiling Milton's fun.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Just an idea, but what about used objects that he can play with? Like pens without the ink cartridges, an old wallet with paper in it, that kinda stuff? Of course, he will still prefer whatever dad is playing with :rolleyes: Plus I'm not sure whether that will just encourage him to chew more wallets!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I like the idea of an old wallet with paper in it. You could tell him it's his wallet. When he leaves the house tell him to get his wallet! :rofl: I wonder if he would do that....hmmmm....Milton is an unusual bird.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Like pens without the ink cartridges
...Milton's first person did that...the only thought I have is that he can't, and won't, discern "his" pens from other pens. ;)

The fact is that the worst bite Milton ever has given me was with dealing with a pen. I was writing a note when I saw Milty sidling up to me- you know- with that "sly" sideways walk he has. When I began to move the pen away, Milt jumped for it, missed, and bit me hard....right on the bottom of my nose. :jawdrop1:

3 stitches and some super glue later, I learned another great lesson...always determine where the bird is BEFORE using pens...:lol:

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
But what’s the fun in that! Forget the binder clips, just get your excessive serving our idiot habits! Cheaper than the gym and even more fun!! :heart: :heart:

Patience

Meeting neighbors
Milton will make sure you are never bored! Thanks for sharing. People look at me like I sprouted a third eye when I say anything about Syd (U2 too) talking. She can be surprisingly helpful.