• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Milly the Milligold Hatching Whiffle Ball?

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Milly has been sitting all fluffed up on her pink and green whiffle ball trying to keep it warm on the bottom of her cage for 4 days now. She's guarding it viciously... Is this something to worry about? I've never seen a birdie do this before.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I think @Danita just recently posted about Pink Floyd doing this with a chunk of wood, I am pretty sure @saroj12 has a bird (Rudy I think) who does the same with a ball and there have been a few others too that try to hatch objects. I am not sure how 'normal' it is but then again I am not sure that the word normal belongs in any sentence referring to birds lol.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I'm so happy to see a post from you! I'm sorry you've had a rough go lately.

Monaco will gather her footies, but I haven't seen her on them yet. I take them as soon as it's safe.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@Macawnutz I think has a bird that tries to hatch round objects.

Ripley tries to sit on pine cubes and then gets angry at them when they won't sit right under him :lol:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I think @Danita just recently posted about Pink Floyd doing this with a chunk of wood, I am pretty sure @saroj12 has a bird (Rudy I think) who does the same with a ball and there have been a few others too that try to hatch objects. I am not sure how 'normal' it is but then again I am not sure that the word normal belongs in any sentence referring to birds lol.
Ok thanks! I was kind of worried about her treating this ball exactly like Lucy treats the eggs she actually lays. But if It's not causing her any psychological issues, I can live with it, even though It's a total nightmare cleaning the cage and trying not to lose a finger!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I'm so happy to see a post from you! I'm sorry you've had a rough go lately.

Monaco will gather her footies, but I haven't seen her on them yet. I take them as soon as it's safe.
Thanks! I just haven't been very upbeat lately and figured no one wants a down in the dumps reply. I'm getting things handled as best as I can with the quarantine ongoing, but I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Also Big Scooter grey hatches these green bowls!

BF9A7A30-8800-43A1-BE23-B97A9E4D093D.jpeg DB28C820-7557-4C81-8C81-447861103198.jpeg

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Also Big Scooter grey hatches these green bowls!

View attachment 340661
That look...... every time I see this cutie hatching his whiffle ball I'm just scared. Because I KNOW that look and while adorable it's terrifying. And because a puffy bird like that is no good if it's touching you... Even in a friendly way; especially in a friendly way!......... :lol:I'm evidently traumatized... However, if the ball, green bowl or wood block ever hatches, I wanna see baby!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That look...... every time I see this cutie hatching his whiffle ball I'm just scared. Because I KNOW that look and while adorable it's terrifying. And because a puffy bird like that is no good if it's touching you... Even in a friendly way; especially in a friendly way!......... :lol:I'm evidently traumatized... However, if the ball, green bowl or wood block ever hatches, I wanna see baby!
0377F5B0-B04E-4970-BBC1-F6A94667808B.jpeg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen