• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Might be getting a new lovie...

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
His name is Cricket... estimated to be 3-4 years old. My friend is fostering him because her cousin bought the bird as a pet for her children. Needless to say, the lovebird is nippy towards the kids and makes a mess so doesn't want to keep him anymore.

Anyway, my friend knows how well I take care of Zazu so she offered him to me for free with his cage, toys, etc. I'm assuming the cage is a parakeet cage judging by the way my friend described how her cousin cares for the bird. The good news though is that he gets lots of out of cage time so he is comfortable flying and likes to land on shoulders. He just doesn't like to be touched.

So the plan: my friend is keeping him in quarantine at her house (she doesn't have any birds) and during this time I'll take him for a bird wellness exam. If everything goes okay I will take him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's a cutie! I hope everything works out. :)

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
I haven't met him yet, I'm so excited! I don't know what mutation he is. My friend said that though the feathers look green in the pic, they're actually more blue.

clarabear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Clara
what a lovely little guy! it's awesome you're getting a rescue.

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Thanks! I've only ever rescued one pet and that was my female zebra finch Avy. I am a bit nervous because Zazu's my first lovie and he came super, super tame.

clarabear

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Clara
I rescued my first lovie, Mars. he can be difficult but it just takes patience! and getting a little one to trust you is very rewarding.

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
I think it will work out! I do have hope... and lots of millet. :p

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
I'm happy to hear that this lovie is already eating pellets. So I won't have to do any seed to pellet converting, yay! Although I'll definitely end up switching brands.