• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mickey and Chicky

Shilpa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shilpa
Hi, my name is Shilpa and I live in Madison, Wisconsin. My family and I will be moving to India in about a month. It isn't official yet but it is most likely to happen. This is very sudden for me too. I didn't really expect this to happen when I got my two budgies, Mickey and Chicky, but I have to move now and I feel like I am losing a part of myself. I will not be able to take them because it is a 15-18 hour plane ride there and the overall journey will be about 26 hours. With the pressure and extensive time, I do not think they will survive the journey. Plus, the airlines do not allow live birds on a USA-India flight because there isn't much of a chance that they will survive the pressure. I need someone that I trust to take care of Mickey and Chicky and I really want it to be someone I can stay in touch with. I want to see them grow up even after I am gone and I don't know many people that can care for them. I do have a few bird rescues near me that I know will find them a good home but obviously they will not let me know who Mickey and Chicky are living with. It will be very hard for me if I don't know anything about them and completely lose touch with them. However, if I do not find anyone, I will surrender them to the rescue because even though I will lose touch with them, I know for sure that the rescue will find them a home as good as mine if not better through their strict adoption requirements. I am literally crying over this post. Mickey and Chicky are my little angels and my whole world. I honestly do not know what I will do without them. So, I am looking for good people that can take care of Mickey and Chicky and love them as much as I do. Please let me know if you are interested. I would like this person to live around the Midwest area just so that I can ask a few questions before giving them Mickey and Chicky. I will be asking questions similar to those on the rescue's adoption form but mine will be more basic. I also want to mention that I would really appreciate it if I could see them through pictures, videos and maybe even on a video call once in a while. Please let me do this. Also, I want to make it clear that even though I said Midwest, I will do my best to get them to a person father away if I know for sure that they will be good owners.

All of Mickey and Chicky's Items will be given to the future owner along with Mickey and Chicky for free. Both birds are 100% healthy and fully-flighted.

Info:

• Mickey
  • About 1.5 years old
  • Green and yellow colored budgie
  • Male
  • Fully-flighted
  • Tamed
  • Very smart and learns tricks quickly
  • On a seed and vegetable diet (yet to be introduced to pellets)
  • Knows how you feel and will comfort you if you seem dull
  • Very playful
  • Knows target-training, step-up, recall, etc.

IMG-20210615-WA0001.jpg IMG-20210615-WA0011.jpg IMG-20210615-WA0014.jpg IMG_20210614_122819033_3.jpg

• Chicky
  • About 1 year old
  • Lutino Mutation
  • Female
  • Fully-flighted
  • Partially tamed (will come to you if Mickey does)
  • Also very smart (she will go into her cage on her own if she is tired)
  • Very cautious
  • On a seed and vegetable diet (yet to be introduced to pellets)
  • Very playful and curious
  • Loves taking baths (everyday)
  • Knows target-training
68C0D7F1-75B9-47DB-A1E2-D322DF2E88C8.JPG IMG-5710.jpg 20201029_121051.jpg
Thanks for your time,
Shilpa

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Shilpa

Real Name
Shilpa
Thank you. I have read this already and I do agree.

Shilpa

Real Name
Shilpa
I also want to mention:

Contact me through this thread if you are interested and I will start a direct conversation with you.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Awww, I would adopt if closer. I'm certain you'll find someone since they are tame and cute. I'm sorry you have to rehome though. Hugs.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry this is happening for you! I know how much our feathered friends mean to us. I hope you find a wonderful home for Mickey and Chicky. I'm sorry to say I am too far away.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Travel trains? I've never heard of it before. What is it?
A travel train involves other members along the route helping get birds from Point A to B :) So instead of it just being between you and the receiver, there might be 1, 2, or more people taking on a leg of the journey.

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
Thank you so much for the support. Yes, this is very hard for me but I am finding a few good options so hopefully everything works out and Mickey and Chicky find a lovely home.
Hi Shilpa - I live in the same area. I'll ask around.