• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Michigan Friends

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Aww I wish I could get to meet up with you all! Sadly I think the closest person to me is @Shezbug and she’s still a airplane ride away. :sad11:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I haven't gone in years, they used to have rescues there. This article is from the second to the last time I went Parrot rescue at Pet Expo gives insight into misunderstood bird
I went the following year and it seemed to be more breeders, 1 of whom was actually on the board of directors of "rescue" and she had babies she bred there :grumpy: Walking around talking to them just pissed me off. A Sun Conure breeder was telling newbies how quiet Suns were :banghead:, he didn't like it when I told them them the truth :D so I left and have not been back since.

Please let me know if it's changed? If it has I might go to the next one.
Also if the bird club is there let me know if they still have the same donation jar with the same cockatoo on it!
Also make sure you take precautions with anything you buy there before exposing your birds to it, sanitize, sanitize and sanitize! I would go so far as to change clothing after going and before handling my birds.

Have fun, it really can be interesting and they do have great deals. Make sure you stop in at K - 9 Specialties which is at Chicago rd and Mound rd. they have a room for parrot stuff, and their prices can't be beat.

PS: Take pictures :D
Great advice Miss Theresa!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Aww I wish I could get to meet up with you all! Sadly I think the closest person to me is @Shezbug and she’s still a airplane ride away. :sad11:
Yeah and your plane ride would likely take less time than your travel from the airport to my home. Lol.
So let me know when you’re coming to visit hehe

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Yeah and your plane ride would likely take less time than your travel from the airport to my home. Lol.
So let me know when you’re coming to visit hehe

Speaking of plane rides, went to Sydney Australia back around '91, was the longest trip in the world! The beaches are heavenly....in an exotic way...heehee!!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I used to live in Sydney we may have accidentally run in to each other and not have even known it! :lol:.
You weren't running naked on the beach were you? There were many that were. It's called distracted running, kinda like distracted driving, but more bliss!
:wow:!

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
You weren't running naked on the beach were you? There were many that were. It's called distracted running, kinda like distracted driving, but more bliss!
:wow:!
:lol:I have never seen people do that on a beach, what a site that must have been :eek::hehe:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
:lol:I have never seen people do that on a beach, what a site that must have been :eek::hehe:
It was kinda funny actually, 4 women ran up butt naked, and asked for the time.
I'm like ..huh? ...time? Oh yea, time ( I'm looking at my wrist and don't have a watch on) then they bugger off. My wife hands me a tissue. I said said what's that for? She said...your drooling! LOl.

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
It was kinda funny actually, 4 women ran up butt naked, and asked for the time.
I'm like ..huh? ...time? Oh yea, time ( I'm looking at my wrist and don't have a watch on) then they bugger off. My wife hands me a tissue. I said said what's that for? She said...your drooling! LOl.

:coffeescreen::coffeescreen::lol:

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I’m so excited for this!! :bounce4: I love that you’re all getting together!

KiwiandLemony

Walking the driveway
Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry that this is so late. I really want to go, I really really do. I’d love to meet you all someday, but I have to bail on all of you. Again I’m sorry but we have a prior commitment to a family friend that one of my parents (the one I got approval from) was unaware of. I found out day before yesterday but totally forgot to tell all of you with school and being busy in general. Again I’m so sorry, if any of you ever want to do anything else (meetups and such) I’ll probably be on board as long as I’m not to busy that day, someday, I promise you I’ll meet all of you in real life, but for now it’ll just have to be limited to the avenue.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry that this is so late. I really want to go, I really really do. I’d love to meet you all someday, but I have to bail on all of you. Again I’m sorry but we have a prior commitment to a family friend that one of my parents (the one I got approval from) was unaware of. I found out day before yesterday but totally forgot to tell all of you with school and being busy in general. Again I’m so sorry, if any of you ever want to do anything else (meetups and such) I’ll probably be on board as long as I’m not to busy that day, someday, I promise you I’ll meet all of you in real life, but for now it’ll just have to be limited to the avenue.
No worries! We all understand! Enjoy the time with your family. You're only young once!

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@KiwiandLemony We don't have to wait around for expos to meet up, we can always meet for lunch, etc! Have a great day tomorrow, we'll miss you!