• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MG Dailyish

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
OH, MY GOODNESS!!! When I 1st saw the picture, I just saw the top half, then when I scrolled down to include the ducks.... You sure made me laugh and smile! I LOVE IT!

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Helloooooo nothing much has been happening in the mist of winter. The Madberry has been keeping to themselves.... 20220707_092414.jpg
But Apple has been taking a bit of my time as she really doesn't know how to "Duck" and now has a blocked air way from now cleaning her nose when swimming.... :fantasy: :ohdrama::starshower1::ohdrama: 20220707_093145.jpg

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Thanks @Pat H she is doing much better, they couldn't find any blockage and the xray was clear but she is still having trouble breathing on and off, I think I worked it out.... she may have Macaw Respiratory Hypersensitivity (or Macaw Asthma triggered by allergies to the Madberry and Wood chips or saw dust. This was the set up she had
SmartSelect_20220715-083526_Gmail.jpg
and even after cleaning it she was still having issues so I made a whole new room for her. Now she is in my bed because I need a rest after running around looking after her.
20220718_122242.jpg

Macaw Respiratory Hypersensitivity (or Macaw Asthma) has anyone had anything to do with it? My vet is great but working in the dark a little....

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thanks @Pat H she is doing much better, they couldn't find any blockage and the xray was clear but she is still having trouble breathing on and off, I think I worked it out.... she may have Macaw Respiratory Hypersensitivity (or Macaw Asthma triggered by allergies to the Madberry and Wood chips or saw dust. This was the set up she had
View attachment 410410
and even after cleaning it she was still having issues so I made a whole new room for her. Now she is in my bed because I need a rest after running around looking after her.
View attachment 410411

Macaw Respiratory Hypersensitivity (or Macaw Asthma) has anyone had anything to do with it? My vet is great but working in the dark a little....
I’d ask hankmacaw

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Today we are being bookends.... 20220724_103114.jpg
But taken a pic of it was not cool...
20220724_103121.jpg
And in other news Apple is doing great and fingers crossed her asthma is under control...
20220721_125617.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Gorgeous bookends. And Apple looks comfy.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Winter is so cold this year, we have not been doing much but eat, chew, scream, sleep repeat....but we did manage to make it look like mum never cleans....
20220810_092415.jpg
20220810_092407.jpg
Oh we did have this chit chat with some dude outside....
20220727_080109.jpg

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Just in case your saying bad words because your bird's is messy here is a pic of what 2 days of Miss Apple Margaret looks like... an I kid you not this is just two days and she is outside for 8 hours of that.... 20220823_104309.jpg
And here is why I put up with it...
20220720_143945.jpg
:swoon: :heart2: :swoon:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
View attachment 410410
View attachment 410411

@Hankmacaw has unfortunately had experience with it. She’s caring for a very sick bird herself these days and may not see this for a while, but you can search for it here on the forum. I know she has talked about it here quite a bit in the past.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Hi @Lexusblond
Miss Apple may have respiratory hypersensitivity, although itis mainly seen in macaws, conures and other new world birds that have been housed with cockatoos, .African greys and cockateils. It's the very fine powder down produced by those birds that generally cause the disease. There are other things that can cause it, as well. Anything fine enough to get stuck in the lungs or airsacs that can't get out. My Kitty developed it from being housed with cockatoos for 20 years.

There is no cure for it and it will not improve much, but there are methods of treatment. A clean atmosphere is most important. There are solutions that can be used to nebulize a patient, -which help immensely. Your vet can probably ask around and find out just what it is.

If your vet did not xray the airsacs, he could not have seen evidence of the disease.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Thanks, for all the info @Hankmacaw very much appreciated :heart2: Miss Apple Margaret is doing really well now, I have changed her bed, got an air purifier and worked out her triggers! Which I'm really good at because I'm autoimmune myself. Her vet is great at working with me, I was once a large animal vet nurse so have few clues....:D so between us I'm hoping we can keep it in check....:ohdrama:

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
After re-reading all 15 pages of the Madberry dailyish I think it needs to be made into a book, it has everything laughter, love, drama and action....plus some stunning pics if I do say so myself...@admin would there be any rules that would stop be from doing this, is there anything I need to do before I start, can I start?
20220827_091421.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am not admin but I don't see why it would be a problem.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Been a while since I got some really good pics of the Madberry....way to long so here you go! Finally got some eating grevilla flowers... Your welcome :heart2: :starshower1: :heart2:
20220907_125203.jpg
20220907_125149.jpg
20220907_125157.jpg

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Wow, July was our last post..
Oops but we have been posting on Instagram so not totally letting the sidedown. Miss Madeline has become a man.... :starshower1: :ohdrama: and is now sexually active and I'm her chosen mate, poor Gerry Berry is not happy with all the attention I'm getting but thankfully Madeline shares the love and she is not obsessed with me. So today's pic is them cuddling.... so cute :heart2: 20220927_095209.jpg
Oh and the "your in my personal space " again mum, with your dam camera 20220927_095136.jpg