• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MG Dailyish

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Love the photos!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
More pics of Apple please! :swoon: :faint:

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
This Apple's morning...aka Princess Apples I'm not going outside because its too cold morning. She loves tv and it has to be on or all hell breaks out... :fantasy:
20220610_093838.jpg
20220610_093821.jpg
She goes outside when she thinks it's warm enough or I convince her it is....not spoilt much...:heart2::ohdrama::heart2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Super sweet :xflove:
Does she not need duck friends? :fdducks:

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
The story of Princess Apples

Apple hatched on Christmas eve and was a tiny little bundle that was not very strong 20201227_143613.jpg
She was brought up to be an outside duck but it soon became clear she was all beauty and no brains.... :fantasy: she couldn't get in the pond by herself, or clean herself and she got cold very easily as she didn't grow much down. She was managing ok until I saw her limping and found she had bad bumblefoot so off to vet for treatment. Her feet were bandaged and she was kept inside and keeping her inside saw her flower in to a new duck. It became very clear that being outside full time was not in her best interest, so Apple became a part-time inside duck. but as it got colder it has become more and more full-time.
20220611_111144.jpg
Apple doesn't like cold water and gets very cold very quickly, after her swim I have to warm her up again. In the photo is having cuddles after her swim.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Back to your regularly scheduled program.... :fantasy: Miss Madeleine and Gerry Berry.

The wattle is flowering so I course I have to amputate the poor wattle tree next door...but the sacrifice is not in vein.... got great pics and the Madberry is happy :heart2::swoon::heart2::starshower1::starshower1::starshower1:
20220611_154351.jpg
20220611_154145.jpg

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Very cute. My duckies spent sometime indoors too. However we adopted them a tiny bit older, and they really prefer duck life to our human ways now, but we love them. They especially like it when it rains, out garden becomes a pond :)

Attachments

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Very cute. My duckies spent sometime indoors too. However we adopted them a tiny bit older, and they really prefer duck life to our human ways now, but we love them. They especially like it when it rains, out garden becomes a pond :)
Yes it is special kind of duck that likes the inside life. My inside ducks have been hand raises inside and with me 24/7 for 8 weeks then slowly go out for a few hours. Your ducks look very happy and healthy... :heart2: :starshower1: :heart2:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Yes it is special kind of duck that likes the inside life. My inside ducks have been hand raises inside and with me 24/7 for 8 weeks then slowly go out for a few hours. Your ducks look very happy and healthy... :heart2: :starshower1: :heart2:
Oh yeah :) We hand raised them also and it was the middle of winter so they were inside. They were fuzz balls when we got them, but they were already too old to imprint to humans. Their names are Jade, Leo and Cyprus.

p.s. I have many cute video clips of them but not photos for whatever reason.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Nothing much happening in the Perth hills but rain and cold or as I refer to it as winter in the Perth Alpes....so the twins like to stay inside and watch telly and upstairs are couple of galahs (sorry...not sorry) they make to much noise, which in turn upsets the twins and all hell breaks loose.... :ohdrama: :wasntme::heart2: 20220625_095502.jpg