• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MG Dailyish

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
We are just admiring are beautiful selfs in this shiny mirror like thingy.

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
No mum! We are not fighting.....how many times do I have to tell you Gerbear everything on the floor, the ceiling and the walls is M I N EEEEEE... :ohdrama: :wasntme::ohdrama:
20220413_122612.jpg 20220413_122551.jpg 20220413_122550.jpg 20220413_122625.jpg

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Been meaning to make a sand box big enough for both of the pink chickens and finally got around to it! It has cleaned sand in the bottom then hard wood chips, seeds and peanuts on top with a container of flour. Yes I said flour Madeleine loves playing in the stuff... :fantasy: really pleased at how it turned out with very little effort on my part... 20220519_103517.jpg
Just checking it out...
20220519_103834.jpg
This is pretty cool...:heart2::swoon::heart2:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Great pics :laughing12:

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Oooo... Lovie likes to dig. I could see that sand all over the floor

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Q-- they won't eat the sand will they?
And I'll say.......
That's way it is human grade, cleaned sand for toddlers... :ohdrama: so they can eat it if they feel the need....:eating::D

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
I know you wouldn't give them dirty sand-- was thinking more along the route of impaction.... but wouldn't think they would even try to eat it...
Sure didn't want to concern you unneccessarily.,.. but just wanted to express my concern...
Also, even tho this doesn't apply either... I worked at an organization that boarded exotic birds-- they used Silica Sand on the bottom of the bird perches... one day found a bird dead -- thought it had gone down to eat the fallen fruit, which then had been covered w/ the silica sand...
Silica sand is a form of 'ground glass'... in it's natural form...
Beautiful birdies.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
I know you wouldn't give them dirty sand-- was thinking more along the route of impaction.... but wouldn't think they would even try to eat it...
Sure didn't want to concern you unneccessarily.,.. but just wanted to express my concern...
Also, even tho this doesn't apply either... I worked at an organization that boarded exotic birds-- they used Silica Sand on the bottom of the bird perches... one day found a bird dead -- thought it had gone down to eat the fallen fruit, which then had been covered w/ the silica sand...
Silica sand is a form of 'ground glass'... in it's natural form...
Beautiful birdies.
Wow didn't think of that, thanks :heart2: . The white sand we have here is silica free, for some reason they don't like kids playing in it either....I never thought of the impacted crop issue, I will keep an eye on it...in the meantime here are the fluff balls playing in said sand... 20220523_161209.jpg

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Today we are carpenters.... :fantasy:
20220525_125127.jpg
20220525_125133.jpg
I have also added to the sand box, which is a great hit, still undecided as to whether they like it on the floor or I should move off the ground...
20220525_125251.jpg

Also @Pat H I'm sorry if I came across the wrong way, with my comments about the sand, tone is something that doesn't translate and I'm sorry and Thank you for pointing out a few issue I never even through about. :heart2::ohdrama::swoon: