• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MG Dailyish

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy New Year to you and your beautiful babies! May they stay out of trouble! Lol!

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Same to you :greet11:

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
That looks like so much fun wood for those two! My Too would immediately go for the zip ties and rope. Pretty and pink as usual :swoon:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
@Lexusblond
I have a question I wonder if you know the answer too.
I’ve been curious as to at what age young galahs molt out their grey-pink feathers for the fully pink ones.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
@Lexusblond
I have a question I wonder if you know the answer too.
I’ve been curious as to at what age young galahs molt out their grey-pink feathers for the fully pink ones.
They do it all the time, as in the moult every few months or as least that's what my two do. In the wild they will have lost all there grey baby feathers my 6-8 months and have full adult feathers by a year but can take up to five years to fully mature.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I agree by 1 year they have molted out their baby feathers. Russell came to me at 9 months. He had most of his adult plumage at that time.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
They do it all the time, as in the moult every few months or as least that's what my two do. In the wild they will have lost all there grey baby feathers my 6-8 months and have full adult feathers by a year but can take up to five years to fully mature.
I agree by 1 year they have molted out their baby feathers. Russell came to me at 9 months. He had most of his adult plumage at that time.
Thank you both :)

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
We just thought we would say hi as we have both decided that mum sucks and we are not happy about her taking so many pics of us...here is one we let her take before we changed out mind....:CRMH::fantasy::CRMH: 20211230_162825.jpg

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
You guessed it they couldn't stay mad at me for long... 20220120_075442.jpg
All though can you tell they didn't like my shirt and made me go change... :CRMH: :shocking::loveshower:

This is a pic I took for another post but I love it and wanted to share with you guys...
20220120_093909.jpg
Bird feet are amazing....

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Lovie lets me kiss his feet. He will let me do a lot to him. And air-kiss my budgies' and (trustworthy) parrots' feet at my rescue.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Happy Summer days :fdducks:
Madeleine is not talking to me at the moment because Apple and Blossom are inside, Blossom has a little infection so getting on to it before it gets deadly and I'm spending all my time with the twins and not her... how dare I :tntrnm:

They both have to be with in sight of each other as the a bonded pair and all hell breaks loose if they can't.
20220131_105750.jpg
And here is Madeleine trying to kill the snake...
20211222_083351.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
They are all cute.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Hello lovely people :swoon:

A lot has been going on this week and the reason for not posting...:sorry:

So last post Blossom was sick with an upset tummy, she is all better but now Apple has a sore foot and has been in hospital all week aka the living room watch tv :laughing9:

Then there was getting celebrities of the month, such a surprise and an honour :worthy::swoon::AArocks::worthy:
We also had a spell of Gerbear not wanting to sleep in her room, so of course Madeleine had to join in but we have that back under control again.

Hope that things calm down just a little and I can get some more cool pics. 20211124_104445.jpg

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
No rest when you have toos....:fantasy::pillowfight: Gerbear has gone all hormonal and chewing on everything and everyone...mad woman on the other hand is being good :shocked2:. They are going on holiday a week from now aka going in to care while mum has a break but don't tell them that. Bit nervous about how Gerbear is going to cope with it all she has ever been anywhere or been in a car, Madeleine on the other loves the car and going places....talk about being between a rock and hard place....

But a soft place is where Madberry like to play and play with her snake as you can see below... 20220213_172030.jpg

And then there is in the queen of the castle...
20220201_170942.jpg