• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MG Dailyish

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Your blankie matches you sweetie.

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Poor Madeleine is sick :jawsmiley: not sure how it happened but it's some type of poisoning the last 24 hours she has been vomiting, runny poops and very quite...she has perked up a little but if no change in the morning off to the vet...I have to wear sunscreen all the time and I'm wondering if its from kissing my face all the time but that's just one of the many things she can chew on. So hard to pin point, Gerry Berry is fine thankfully. I was thinking active charcoal might be a good idea..thoughts....

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no! Poor Madeleine!!!! I will keep your beautiful girl in my thoughts and prayers! Please let us know what the vet has to say.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Oh Madeleine please get better quickly.

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Vet rang and she has metal in her tummy :shocking:so I went looking for what she may have chewed on and found it was our kettle and a cheap chain I was using to hold a branch in place...very hard lesson to learn. The vet thinks she will be home tomorrow afternoon if she has stabilised and responding to treatment.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug2:I hope she recovers fast and is home soon!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Has your vet been able to provide you with an update on sweet Madeleine? Have the chelation treatments been working?

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Vet rang and she has metal in her tummy :shocking:so I went looking for what she may have chewed on and found it was our kettle and a cheap chain I was using to hold a branch in place...very hard lesson to learn. The vet thinks she will be home tomorrow afternoon if she has stabilised and responding to treatment.
SO DIFFICULT to keep the entire home 'bird-proof' ! I think about the metal foot toys I have for our Abby Cockatoo... there are times when she has broken the keys off the toys... Am SO THANKFUL God takes care of our precious cargo!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so glad to hear she gets to come home!!!! I hope you get to have a peaceful, sweet evening and you all get some good rest tonight!!