• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MG Dailyish

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Obviously M&G want a shiny new house. "This will be the snazziest nest ever."

Your boys are so adorable.

Silverberi

Meeting neighbors
It’s actually quite harmful to feed the wild birds. It results in them becoming dependant on you for food and depending how long you have been doing it for they may actually stop teaching their chicks to get their own food. It’s unnecessary and causes inter-generational need for you to feed them instead of getting their own food. Just please, watch the birds being wild, you have your own galahs and time to just admire beauty and not feed them.

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
It’s actually quite harmful to feed the wild birds. It results in them becoming dependant on you for food and depending how long you have been doing it for they may actually stop teaching their chicks to get their own food. It’s unnecessary and causes inter-generational need for you to feed them instead of getting their own food. Just please, watch the birds being wild, you have your own galahs and time to just admire beauty and not feed them.
I understand that and is never enough to "feed" them it's more of a snack and me trying to let the chickens eat their own food. I have been living here 8yrs and have two different flocks visit every summer and winter. They do the rounds of the area, living in the bush they have plenty of choice. 20210722_163042.jpg
Here they are just eating grass I think? There is no feed that I've put out for them... :loveshower: :approved: :loveshower:

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
So here in Western Australia it's winter, now normally it's just a bit cold and maybe it might rain every now and then but this year the hose got left on along the fan and we have had nothing but storm after storm...much to Madeleine and Gerry Berry's delight as we have alot of gumtrees around us, which means a lot of branches coming down and of course I have to bring them inside for MG to play on.... :CRMH: :ohdrama: :loveshower: 20210802_150157.jpg 20210802_150331.jpg
Look mum... I'm a real bird...:leslieatwork: 20210802_150222.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Oh my so cute and so happy.

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those are eucalyptus branches, aren't they? So, eucalyptus is safe for birds? I want to give some branches to my Amazon.

Lexusblond

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
Can I get any cuter :loveshower: :leslieatwork: :loveshower: 20210804_135700.jpg
20210804_135712.jpg
And of course Miss M has to try and out do him...
20210804_135721.jpg
20210804_135723.jpg
These shots of cuteness where made possible by receiving a 30 min + massage from their personal masseuse :fantasy:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Nope I don't think it is possible for them to get any cuter.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
They are both cutie pies