• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meyer's Parrot

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Hi everyone! I'm still new, since I'm a shy person usually but I may be adding a third bird to my flock soon, a meyers! I was just wondering what everyone's experiences are bringing a meyers into a flock? My other two aren't attached to each other at all, just kind of put up with each other. I also was wondering at what age they hit maturity, so I can be prepared for those wonderful hormone times.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
My little Meyers hybrid is a bit of a bully with the three bigger birds I have here. She has zero fear. She is extremely bonded to me and definitely a once person bird. She’s super affectionate, playful and busy all day long. I adore her but she is my naughtiest of the 4 by far. And she has to be watched closely. Super stubborn, super fun and an adorable little ball of energy.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
My little Meyers hybrid is a bit of a bully with the three bigger birds I have here. She has zero fear. She is extremely bonded to me and definitely a once person bird. She’s super affectionate, playful and busy all day long. I adore her but she is my naughtiest of the 4 by far. And she has to be watched closely. Super stubborn, super fun and an adorable little ball of energy.
Thank you! I'm just trying to be prepared for a worst case scenario if he isn't mellow with my 2 I have now. With him being bigger as well I really don't want any problems. I'm use to stubborn with Ollie, my canary wing, and he's a bit of a bully too so he's probably not going to be introduced for a while regardless. He tried to get into a fight with my Mom's IRN so I know he'll have no fear of a meyers.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bump4: