• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meyers Breeders

G00se

Checking out the neighborhood
I have always wanted a Meyers parrot, and am finally ready to get one. This will be my only bird. However, I'm finding it extremely hard to find a good breeder. The ones I know of have since retired or stopped breeding.

Does anyone know of breeders in the United states, who offer shipping? I'm in Oklahoma.

Thank you!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Have you Googled this? You could try birdbreeders.com and hookbillsforsale.com; however, I can't speak to the quality of the breeders there. It seems as though the vast majority of quality breeders have passed or retired. The only breeder of the top of my head that I'd buy from is JC Aviary in Texas; I don't know if they have any Meyers available. You could call and get on their list.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:hello1:
Good luck I hope you find your dream birdie!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I know nothing of this place , just trying to see if we had any in Florida as lots of breeders in Florida. So do your own researching on them. Sure is a cutie tho , and says they ship

Last edited:

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:welcometrain:I believe some of our members have purchased from this Breeder. She specializes in some African Birds. Link

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
:welcometrain:I believe some of our members have purchased from this Breeder. She specializes in some African Birds. Link
Jean is either retiring very soon, or already has. I am not sure if she still has birds for sale.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
The phone number is still active . Perhaps if they don't they can direct you to a breeder

G00se

Checking out the neighborhood
I have tried emailing and contacting several of the ones mentioned, with no response. I am kind of taking it as a sign.

I have decided to maybe go for a crimson belly instead. I really want a Meyers, but don't really want to ship.

I would like to be able to interact with the bird and see if one chooses me/our family.

I do have a really great crimson belly and green cheek conure breeder near me. My last bird, Mochi, was a disabled GCC that passed a couple months ago due to all of his deformities and inbreeding. He was truly a dream bird, and it was absolutely devastating for my family. I can't even begin to explain the impact he had on my family. I feel like we truly got lucky with him, as I can't even make a single complaint about him. He was a love bug and so funny and involved in every aspect of our life, down to laughing along to his and my son's favorite anime. So, I am not really disappointed to go with another GCC or a CBC, I just wanted to attempt getting my dream bird, but then again our little Mochi was our dream bird despite not being a Meyers.

Last edited:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I waited a long time to get my heart species, and I wish I hadn't. I had/have absolute loves of other species .

I'm so sorry for your loss. Parrots are unbelievably special