• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meyers Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sldull

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Stephanie
I am contemplating adding a Meyers to our family. Can anyone give any advice about them? Pros and Cons? Do they like children? Other birds? Thanks!

Prince Toasty Buns

Jogging around the block
One of my favorite species of parrot Stephanie. Sweet lil buggers as a rule, fairly quiet. I would say good around children. Of course children need to be trained to treat any bird in the right manner.

You might want to type Meyers into the search box of this board and pull up all the comments & discussion about them from the past.

I currently have a pair sitting on eggs.:dance4:

DarkSoldier246

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Eric
ive never had anything but a good experience with a meyers, sweet little guys

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
hmm... :)

Meru hates other birds, Loves people! He is quiet, and picks up new noises, sounds, and words quickly! usually a good man around people. He has a mean bite! He learned in the first week we had him to mimic My conure's loud yell! and now can do it 2x as loud as Sellie can. He loves to chew wood and get head scratches.

Its all in the individual bird, each one is different and there is no "set standard" for them. You would have to go and meet different meyers to find one you may like or that fits in with your home. And as much as I try to 'train' Meru to like the others he does not- its just how he is.

:) that said I love Meru and he is a ham!

Status
Not open for further replies.