• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Metal intoxication

Tima

Meeting neighbors
Hello everyone,
I have a little GCC his name is Fruitti. He s 11 months old. After a month from getting Fruitti, we went to the Dr for a respiratory problem, and on the X-ray there were some little metal spots in his ventricle. Back then, we gave laxatives to help get them out. On a review X-ray few days ago, those little shiny spots were still there. I am afraid that at one point they might lead to lead toxicity or something like that. We are trying to give binders to prevent that, but it s very hard to get my parrot to eat them. Do u guys know if it is still possible for my bird to have metal poisoning is they have been there for more than 6 months? Anyone faced a similar issue?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Metal toxicity is one of those things that will affect each bird differently. The type of metal also matters. I've heard anecdotes of metal toxicity showing symptoms within a month, while others it was years.

Tima

Meeting neighbors
Metal toxicity is one of those things that will affect each bird differently. The type of metal also matters. I've heard anecdotes of metal toxicity showing symptoms within a month, while others it was years.
Thanks for letting me know :(