• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mesh and zipper question

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Ok that’s a terrible title but here’s my question:

i would love to enclose a play gym a @Wardy and a car stand a la @flyzipper’s example post with the kind of very fine and seemingly parrot proof mesh that makes up the front of Pitchounette’s travel backpack. I’ve googled to no avail. I’m also handier with power tools than a sewing machine so
I would need to find a tailor who could safely sew on a zipper. The idea is to extend a play gym higher than Pitchou’s use and enclose it so that he can safely be outside because I found out the hard way yesterday that moving his rather large cage in and out of the living into the backyard is probably going to result in my breaking something. Same notion with the PVC (furniture grade lol! -I learn so much from y’all) car stand as I think Pitchounette would enjoy this more and it would be cheaper than my bday wish list Celltei pack (started dropping hints -aka showing a photo and saying I want this for
my bday- to my husband but it’s really not a financial priority lol!). Photo of said mesh backpack though I would love one with better visibility. Thank you all in advance.
PS:
firm but kind redirection welcome -I’m a little sensitive today b/c I’ve got post 2nd vaccine chills E49E1669-9D01-4B59-B814-60D9A333A2B1.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
The only mesh I know of that would definitely be bird proof (once fixed into place so the edges can’t be grabbed) would be SS mesh.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wouldnt have a clue about mesh not something ive considered.
Had my second vaccine jab today as well so feel for you, do you have any ideas on dimensions for your play gym ?

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Wouldnt have a clue about mesh not something ive considered.
Had my second vaccine jab today as well so feel for you, do you have any ideas on dimensions for your play gym ?
Reaction is not too bad. Had mine yesterday and didn’t feel anything until noon today. Hot bath helped with chills. Hubby has got the kids and dogs so I’m only worried about Pitchounette who has only had one outing today.
just researched prices for stainless steel mesh: $134 for 4x4 foot roll so actually cheaper to get another cage for outdoors and now maybe I’ll justify the Celltei pack lol!

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
If I'm understanding what you're looking for correctly, you might want to google "deck screen mesh" and see if that's relevant.

When I was putting together a safety zone for my birds that seemed like it was potentially lightweight, see-through, and easy to work with. My birds are quite non-destructive, so that wasn't something I was looking at. But it might help to focus your search, even if only by saying, "no, it's not that, but one of the manufacturers of that makes what I am looking for."

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Reaction is not too bad. Had mine yesterday and didn’t feel anything until noon today. Hot bath helped with chills. Hubby has got the kids and dogs so I’m only worried about Pitchounette who has only had one outing today.
just researched prices for stainless steel mesh: $134 for 4x4 foot roll so actually cheaper to get another cage for outdoors and now maybe I’ll justify the Celltei pack lol!
I was pretty sick after my first jab but been fine today but did have a sleep for a couple of hours this afternoon.
So had to put Mojo in her cage she has been out for a good 7 hours today though.

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Aluminum mesh should be safe to use. Not sure how strong it is, however.