• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mentally ill Amazon?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Sounds like he was handraised and the owners "let him free".

:(

Sparky04

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I read an article in a parrot magazine about a macaw who was the only animal survivor in a pet store that flooded. He escaped his cage and hung from the ceiling for days. And apparently afterwards he was never the same. I don't know, it was just a story I read. :shrug: Considering how intelligent and sensitive parrots are, I'm sure they can become mentally ill.

Last edited:

Tom B

Walking the driveway
Yeah they are such intelligent animals they must have really complex brains and it seems very likely that they can. I did think about other ways he could have got there but there really arent many people around here. :)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I read an article in a parrot magazine about a macaw who was the only animal survivor in a pet store that flooded. He escaped his cage and hung from the ceiling for days. And apparently afterwards he was never the same. I don't know, it was just a story I read. :shrug: Considering how intelligent and sensitive parrots are, I'm sure they can become mentally ill.
:( how sad

Tom B

Walking the driveway
I know :( At least he isnt injured and is eating well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD