• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Members in Connecticut or Surrounding with Macaws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxersArtist

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anna
Hey there everyone!
Our rescue is trying to encourage a learning exerience for a young lady who lives in Connecticut who contacted our rescue about wanting to adopt a macaw. No matter where she ends up getting her new feathered friend from, we feel it is important for her to first get quite a bit of one on one experience being around macaws, which she has very little of at this time. I am looking for anyone in Connecticut or surrounding areas who has a macaw or multiple macaws and would be willing to let this young lady visit to interact with the birds. This is a fantastic opportunity to help participate in the education of these amazing, but complicated creatures. Thanks in advance for any offers to help!
-Anna

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
What a wonderful idea I sure hope you can find someone. Best of luck Anna.

Ranyart

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
How about visiting a quality parrot shop? Peak's Parrots in Middletown CT comes to mind. They are extremely nice, knowledgeable, and I do believe they have macaws. Have fun!

Spie

Moving in
Yes Peak's Parrots has Red fronted Macaw and they have many various species of parrot and could help her out. Also here is an address to a bird club in Connecticut-http://www.cafabirdclub.org/

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hey there everyone!
Our rescue is trying to encourage a learning exerience for a young lady who lives in Connecticut who contacted our rescue about wanting to adopt a macaw. No matter where she ends up getting her new feathered friend from, we feel it is important for her to first get quite a bit of one on one experience being around macaws, which she has very little of at this time. I am looking for anyone in Connecticut or surrounding areas who has a macaw or multiple macaws and would be willing to let this young lady visit to interact with the birds. This is a fantastic opportunity to help participate in the education of these amazing, but complicated creatures. Thanks in advance for any offers to help!
-Anna
I absolutely love this idea and think it's great that you are doing this!

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
I hope she was able to meet some macaws and talk to their owners!

Status
Not open for further replies.