• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet.... Sir Peeps-A-Lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
I've been back for awhile but wanted to let the newbies settle into their new cages before having to deal with the paparazzi. :hehe:

Without further ado, please let me introduce you to.... Sir Peeps-A-Lot!! (Peeps for short)

SirPeepsALot1.jpg

SirPeepsALot2.jpg

SirPeepsALot3.jpg

SirPeepsALot4.jpg

I searched for a name that would match Jellybean's with a food and Easter theme. The only 2 names I could come up with were Cadbury (creme eggs YUM!!) and Peeps. I knew that he had yellow in him so I was leaning more towards Peeps...
Well from the time he got into his new cage until lights out, he did nothing BUT peep back and forth to Jellybean! She was the one to answer him EVERY single time! Sherbert perked up, but had no interest in replying to Peeps' calls.
So Peeps got lengthened to Sir Peeps-A-Lot!:rofl:

PS> Can anyone tell me his mutation?? The darker coloring is grey, not green. He is a peachfaced variety and I'm guessing pied as well. He does NOT have any blue on his bum like most peachfaceds do. He is just yellow and grey. ATV? Any clues?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:omg: he is soooooooo cute!!!!:hug8::heart:
:lol: at his name :D

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Aww. I've been waiting all day for this. He's very cute!:D

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
What a sweetie, congrats!! :dance4:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I've been back for awhile but wanted to let the newbies settle into their new cages before having to deal with the paparazzi. :hehe:

Without further ado, please let me introduce you to.... Sir Peeps-A-Lot!! (Peeps for short)

View attachment 5858

View attachment 5859

View attachment 5860

View attachment 5861

I searched for a name that would match Jellybean's with a food and Easter theme. The only 2 names I could come up with were Cadbury (creme eggs YUM!!) and Peeps. I knew that he had yellow in him so I was leaning more towards Peeps...
Well from the time he got into his new cage until lights out, he did nothing BUT peep back and forth to Jellybean! She was the one to answer him EVERY single time! Sherbert perked up, but had no interest in replying to Peeps' calls.
So Peeps got lengthened to Sir Peeps-A-Lot!:rofl:

PS> Can anyone tell me his mutation?? The darker coloring is grey, not green. He is a peachfaced variety and I'm guessing pied as well. He does NOT have any blue on his bum like most peachfaceds do. He is just yellow and grey. ATV? Any clues?
So cute and I LOVE the name. I once had a rescue lovebird named Bo Peep:)

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Thanks everyone! He's still letting out the odd peep from the bedroom! :lol:
I can't wait for quarantine to be over and properly introduce these 2!!

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
He is BEAUTIFUL! OK HANDSOME!
Like his coloring and no, have no idea on that!
Sir Peeps!:dance5::hug8:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
he's adorable and he is Pied -"grey" isn't a mutation in lovebirds but Slate is - and it's a Grey color let me see if i can find anything on it or similar to him to be sure though But for now i'm going with Slate Pied

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
But for now i'm going with Slate Pied
That seems to be what I'm finding when I look at any pics online. It's a dark factor that causes it. I was looking for confirmation and you gave it!
Thanks for you help :)

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli

That seems to be what I'm finding when I look at any pics online. It's a dark factor that causes it. I was looking for confirmation and you gave it!
Thanks for you help :)

your welcome I forgot to mention it looks like he is also violet - his rump looks violet

Roxy is a Slate Violet - even though her pics make her look olive - which i was going to say Peeps was an olive pied until you said the markings are Grey in person lol

Slate is also known as Double Dark Factor Dutch blue ;) but really who wants to try and spit that out on a daily basis lol

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya

your welcome I forgot to mention it looks like he is also violet - his rump looks violet

Roxy is a Slate Violet - even though her pics make her look olive - which i was going to say Peeps was an olive pied until you said the markings are Grey in person lol

Slate is also known as Double Dark Factor Dutch blue ;) but really who wants to try and spit that out on a daily basis lol
:rofl::rofl: @ that DDFDB statement

I honestly do not know what his rump looks like. By the time we got to the breeder's place it was late afternoon and startng to get a bit dusky. Then when I got home, I put them in their cages in muted lighting so it would be calmer for them. I will see if I can get some pics in natural light tomorrow morning. :) And a better look at his rump! :rofl:

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
Definitely a Pied Slate! You don't see those too often. Especially ones with no blue on their backs. He is SOOOO gorgeous!!!

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Definitely a Pied Slate! You don't see those too often. Especially ones with no blue on their backs. He is SOOOO gorgeous!!!
Really? I had no idea...

And here I was thinking he looks kinda dirty-looking to me...:rofl:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
He's gorgeous, love his name.:heart:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Such a Cutie....:heart:
Cute name as well *giggles*

Lolle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Louise
uhhhh i love the colours! Never seen that before!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Aw love his coloring!!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
lol Tanya - that "dirty" looks makes him even more handsome :D

It would be nice if there was more info online about lovebirds and their mutations. there's some but not a whole lot and its basically about the "normal" and even then there is not a lot of pictures.... I need pictures when talking about mutations I can't just read it and know what it looks like lol

Status
Not open for further replies.