• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meet Rudy

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I thought diet conversion would be a nightmare for this little one. Budgies are notorious seed addicts, and he has been fed nothing but a commercial seed mix his whole life.

Well, today, he ate *all* of the chop I fed him and was sent to bed happily eating pellets. Rudy is one surprising, pink-toed little man!
Omg that's fantastic news! Way to go Rudy,so proud of you bud.

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
Wonderful News! I would love to have another, however there are no avian vets in my area. There is a vet that will see exotics about one hour away. However, no specific avian vets in my location. Good luck with an emergency situation. I can't even find a vet in my area that sees a new (birdie) patient. Not taking any new clients. It's sad!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The vet situation for all species is pretty grim here too. Sometimes a non-exotic vet that sees exotics & consults with an exotic vet remotely will work though. That's what my rabbit vet does & she managed to save my late rabbit Cincinnati many times in emergencies. He had chronic health problems & we nearly lost him many times. The closest certified rabbit vet is in Montreal. So, if you have access to a regular vet who sees exotics, I'd not write off another budgie. :)

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry to hear that, @Keetie! I see an exotics vet for the birds. He has a lot of experience with birds, and was (and sometimes still is) a vet for the local zoo.

Keetie!

Real Name
Joanne
As always, thank you all for the information. I have to hold off until next year anyway, as I am having an epoxy floor done in my garage. I heard the fumes last for a while. I have to make sure my home is safe for my new arrival. I would like to adopt, of course. I wish you all health and happiness for you and your feathered babies!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Clever Rudy is learning to target! He is still profoundly wary of me and hands, but the targeting is starting to work with him.

I've ordered his flight cage, which was supposed to arrive on Wednesday--but hasn't. His quarantine period ends Sunday!! Hurray!

Keetie!

Real Name
Joanne
He is just so beautiful and notice that he is perched on one foot...so comfy aren't you Rudy! May I ask we you purchased that beautiful flight cage? I sold Blueberry's dome top cage when he passed. I just love the color as well.

Keetie!

Real Name
Joanne
I looked at this thread from the beginning, and I can't find out how Rudy became part of your flock. I :leslieatwork:would love to know the details!