• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet My Whole New Flock!

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
Thank you for taking these guys in! I'm so glad that the three brothers can live out their lives together - they remind me of a group of old brothers playing backgammon outside a cafe. Eliot sounds like a sweetheart and I'm sure he'll flourish with your care!
Thank you! I’m really loving getting to know each of them!

Reactions: tka

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
I was crying reading their history, and I was crying of joy reading that they finally found a great forever home.
Thank you for taking them all. ♥♥♥

Not silly, I feel the same about Eliy. It was Eloy that bring us together, and it happens that she do things and sounds like him, and that is spooky and I can not explain it.

Don't be so sure of that.
You have one of their flock mate and he is tame. He will later tell them that you can be trusted.
They will also see you handled Eliot and one thing they do trust is birds.
And you are the one giving them food too.
Don't be surprised if they one day landing on you begging for some attention.
To give Eliot some treats so they see it will also help. :)
Thank you for saying all of that, and I so hope you’re right! It will be slow-going for sure, but I’m patient and persistent. And like you said, I think seeing Eliot have positive interactions with me will definitely motivate them!

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
...he did.

I know Cassie had a hand in Milton coming here...we were going to adopt a G2 from a rescue after she passed, but by the time we were vetted, the bird got a new home...Cass was watching all of this...and helped us hook up with Milton...:heart:
Thank you for reassuring me and I’m sorry you lost Cassie. I’m glad you have Milton!❤

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
After reading your story of all these birds and then seeing the last picture, I am smiling with tears in my eyes. I´m so happy you found them and have given them a loving clean, stress free, safe home. I look forward to future updates :)

Welcome to the Avenue Eliot and the Three Wise Men! :starshower1:
Thank you so much! My birds are my children so they get the majority of my time, energy, attention, and money. I will definitely keep you guys updated! :)

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
Sennies do come around....I had one that had to be one of the most difficult parrots I had. He didn't like or trust any one! I'm time he came around, a rescue from a bad home
And bit alot!! Took a while for him...turn into a sweetie. And lives with my daughter now. Seen him yesterday , and stills sleeps on his back on top of cage!! Crazy little guy!
This is great encouragement! Thank you!! ❤

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
Ohhh my God!!!! I just realized I recognized these birds!!!
Oh my god!! I went to see them almost bought them!!
The three amigos!!! They had to be sold together, around 30 yrs old.
Oh my god!!! They are little sweeties! Yes you won't have a problem. They were originally used for breeding. They never got a lot of human attention. So work will need to be done! But they are not impossible.
You have to keep me updated on them....I'm so thrilled someone on AA took them in. I almost did.. But had my heart set on another bird.
Are you talking about the Three Wise Men from Birds & Beaks in Michigan? If so that’s them! Do you know more of their story? I hadn’t heard that they were used for breeding—just that they came from a hoarder. If you have additional info I’d love to hear it!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Are you talking about the Three Wise Men from Birds & Beaks in Michigan? If so that’s them! Do you know more of their story? I hadn’t heard that they were used for breeding—just that they came from a hoarder. If you have additional info I’d love to hear it!
Sure am....the three wise men......I know I called them amigos...lol....
That's about all I know.....they are 30 years old. Used for breeding. I seen them when they first came in. She's had them there for a few. Yes came from that hoarder, but it's thought that they were originally breeders before hoarder got them.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I love that you took these older babies. Love them all!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I can't say I know the full story behind them...they were part of the last hoarding incident. I know a lady, well met her a few times, whom is a friend of a friend that helped Shannon at birds and beak.
She seemed to know where these birds came from as she
helped birds and beak out during the first big hoarding incident. One before last. Birds and beak had actually had very little involvement in that hoarding incident which was mostly cockatoos, macaws, and a couple greys. Birds and beak really didn't get any of those birds, maybe a few small ones in the first incident, yet she took a lot of credit for it...lol.
She got most of her birds including the wise men, from second incident.

Now on the first incident somehow a friend of that hoarder took all the birds and are logged in an undisclosed
Place, and original hoarder has access to them. How ironic is that? No wonder that lady doesn't want to be identified.
Pretty hush hush on those birds from first hoarding.. Someone paid 20,000$ to get all those birds there.
The Too's , greys and macaws... I know where they are kept
But everyone will deny they are there. I don't know why it's so hush hush.
Anyway, those sennies you have are from second hoarding and so glad you have them!!! I didn't get them as I have my heart set on another grey and amazon. Think I found my grey...local guy wants to part with it.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
That's about all I know.....they are 30 years old. Used for breeding.
I don't argue with you (ok, perhaps I am :p ) but I don't think so.
They are brothers and bonded, if they where used for breeding I don't think that they would get a long like they do today and definitely not be bonded to each other.
Perhaps that owner was a breeder, and this boys was babies from his/hers breeding couple.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I don't argue with you (ok, perhaps I am :p ) but I don't think so.
They are brothers and bonded, if they where used for breeding I don't think that they would get a long like they do today and definitely not be bonded to each other.
Perhaps that owner was a breeder, and this boys was babies from his/hers breeding couple.
Oh that's possible, I don't know. They claim they're brothers but I'm not 100% certain on that. But in that hoarding their was a couple more in another cage.
But not sure where those went. Don't know if those 3 have been DNA sexed. My understanding is those birds came from a breeder
before hoarder took them. And may have been used as breeding with females, Don't know that part for sure.
All in all so Glad they have a great home now.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Absolutely! They are my favorite parrot species (in case you can’t tell )
I'm just Glad you taken them in and now they can settle....poor babies got shuffled around a lot. The seenie I took in came from
a divorced couple and poor guy needed a new home...BIRDELL...This guy could make a square table round in no time...
Thus aquired his nick name Jaws.... My daughter wanted him so bad ...sooo she has him now and he's still in the family.
011.JPG 005.JPG IMG_2921.JPG

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
What an incredible story. I love that you took in these sweet Wise Men. They're adorable <3 And Eliot finally has a good safe home with you. :heart: I'm so happy for the lot of you.

Kenzie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kenzie
This is so exciting! I've loved those three, having viewed them on their rescue website. I personally enjoy birds that are just .. birds. They are fun to watch, keep each other happy so I can focus on the more... needy birds of mine.
But if you plan on taming them at least to enjoy your company, I am super eager to see the progress there! And congrats on the fourth Senegal. I hope everyone in your home is happy and content with the new happenings!