• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meet my quails!

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I'd like to share with you some pictures of my Japanese coturnix quails!

I switched to the deep litter about a month ago and they are loving it. Honestly, I didn't know they would do so well. They spend the entire day scratching and dustbathing. They get premium seeds as scratch from Astro's batch. There are 5 females and a male. I regularly get eggs from them and sometimes incubate. They get fermented feed every once in a while. I sometimes give them a dust pan and some greens. They also get the leftover chop from Astro.

Here they are! Can you spot all 6? They are pretty good at camoflauge.

20200912_155124.jpg
20200912_155238.jpg
20200912_155238.jpg
20200912_155139.jpg

Last edited:

Hermesbird

Real Name
Cat
How cute!!! I don’t know much about them. Do they get bigger? And do you have them just as an addition to your flocks?

clarousel

Oh my I'm so jealous!!! They're so cute! :heart: Really like your coop too. Looks super cosy and I'd roll around in it if I could shrink myself to quail size :laughin:

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
How cute!!! I don’t know much about them. Do they get bigger? And do you have them just as an addition to your flocks?
They don't grow any bigger than this. I have them for eggs. I absolutely despise the chicken / egg industry because of the conditions they are kept it. We rarely ever buy chicken eggs. All of these are from terrible conditions or they are the descendents of those ones. I hope they like it here!
:buzzbee:

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Oh my I'm so jealous!!! They're so cute! :heart: Really like your coop too. Looks super cosy and I'd roll around in it if I could shrink myself to quail size :laughin:
They make little holes to bury themselves in. Also I don't know if chickens also do this but quails lay down to chill. Like alllll the way down, with their legs and wings spread. Even after 4 years it still gives me mini heart attacks to see them laying down like that!

clarousel

They make little holes to bury themselves in. Also I don't know if chickens also do this but quails lay down to chill. Like alllll the way down, with their legs and wings spread. Even after 4 years it still gives me mini heart attacks to see them laying down like that!
Eeeeeeeek! I did not know that and that sounds sooooo cute! I think their shape and size is already too cute for me to handle... I'd end up in the coop too :laughin:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They´re adorable!!! Love them all!! :swoon:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awww they are so cute! :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are soooo cute! My late husband always wanted button quail. He would have loved to see these :)