• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meet my non-feathered pets!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hard to tell from the pic. Is it covering the eye but seems part of its anatomy/ does it have form of its own?

Please move the cichlids. The eye issue could even be down to stress, knowing a turtle is out to eat it.

This is just like the current cat-bird thread, only the aquatic version & non-hypothetical. It's unjust.

"Nature is cruel but we don't have to be." -Temple Grandin

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
The eye issue could even be down to stress, knowing a turtle is out to eat it.
It isn't that. I noticed it when we got them home.

Is it covering the eye but seems part of its anatomy/ does it have form of its own?
It isn't separate. It is like half a bubble and completely white

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
It isn't that. I noticed it when we got them home.

It isn't separate. It is like half a bubble and completely white
I would say quarantine him just to be safe. Ask some fish facebook groups

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didn't realize the cichlids were new. In that case, definitely quarantine them. If you can do daily half water changes, that eye problem may clear up. Especially in a large, non-turtle tank.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I didn't realize the cichlids were new. In that case, definitely quarantine them. If you can do daily half water changes, that eye problem may clear up. Especially in a large, non-turtle tank.
Ok, thanks!

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
UPDATES-
The berber skinks as usual are keeping themselves to themselves. I don't see much of them, even less during the week as they only reallya re active at luinch time and the moring, whilst I am at school.
The dart frog 4 are down to just three since the tragic passing of Froggy McFrogFrog Face this morning. The others are doing well, luckily.
Speedy is getting slower by the day, and the colder weather starting to come in will be forcing hibernation upon her sooner and sooner.
Kasana is really loving his new setup, and the live plants have managed to last this long so far, which is a record. Maybe for once they will not be uprooted and sent half way across the tank. I haven't yet caught him basking, but they don't bask often and I am not watching him 24 hours a day, so who knows what does on behind my back!
Twiggy is doing great, consuming enough calciworms to feed the globe! Not so keen on roaches, but after a few calciworms, he seemed more accepting to other foods, trying both a cricket and a roach.
The rabbits are starting to feel the cold now, so their hutch is now covered. Cold doesn't bother them too much, but they weren't a fan of snow the other year.
Finally, Grey is happily burrowing, and keeping everyone awake at night! ah, gerbils. Gotta love em'.

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
Good to know your pets are doing well!!!

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
The berber skinks as usual are keeping themselves to themselves. I don't see much of them, even less during the week as they only reallya re active at luinch time and the moring, whilst I am at school.
I finally got a few good pictures yesterday morning!

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB