• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meet my non-feathered pets!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
20201010_155706.jpg
This is Speedy, our Marginated Tortoise. She came to us as a rehome just before the beginning of lockdown in March. Her elderly owners were being put into care, and we were contacted by a friend of my grandparents'. We decided to take her, she was just coming out of her hibernation when she arrived, so it was a crucial time to get her out of her home. Speedy is now starting to slow down as we anticipate she will go into hibernation next month. We are not sure on age, but we guess she is in her 40s. She lives outdoors and comes in for hibernation. She has free roam of the entire garden here and next door (which is our grandparent's house).

IMG_20201010_160444_206.jpg
This is Squiggles, one of my sister's rabbits (yes, the name is not my fault!). He is now about 4 years old. I can't remember his breed at the moment, but if we have any rabbit experts, I'm sure they could tell us! He live with Bouncy in an outdoor hutch and run. They are quite friendly, enjoying a brush and a stroke, but don't really enjoy being picked up.
20201010_155542.jpg
This is Bouncy, my sister's other rabbit. He is also about 4 years old. I may be mixing up the two rabbits here, but I think that he is a Netherland Dwarf Lop eared rabbit (a bit of a mouthful!)

IMG-20151228-WA0000-1.jpg
This is Alex, one of my Berber Skinks. Spot lives with him, but I don't seem to have any pictures of him. We don't know genders, but believe they are both the same. As you can see from the picture, Alex has a different coloured (patternless) end to his tail. This is because before we got him, he had dropped his tail. When it re-grew it just didn't come back with the same patterning. They live in a large vivarium, heated to a glorious 26+ degree Celsius all year round! We have had them for 5 years

IMG_20200920_201715_054.jpg
This is either Napo or Chira, one of my four Phantasmal poison frogs (I can't tell from the picture as the pictures of those two are very similar). Currently these two are very fat, so we belive they are gravid (carrying eggs) which will be layer early next year. The other two were not named by me (Froggy Mcfrogfrogface and Frogbert). These are believed to be both males. They came here in the August of 2019 and live in a large bioactive Exo Terra terrarium. We hope they will breed successfully as they are Vulnerable in the wild.

IMG_20200924_162039_648.jpg
This is Kasana, the Musk Turtle the day he came home. We have had him for 3 years from about an inch in size. He is now about 5 inches, and is being upgraded to a brand new tank this week. Due to his tail length, we think he is a male. He is quite friendly, and enjoyed his turtle pellets and bloodworm treats on the weekend!

20201003_151030.jpg
This is Grey, our 4 year old rehome gerbil. He lives in a tank, which is much better for them due to the deeper substrate for building dens and tunnel systems like they would in the wild.

20201003_105800.jpg
This is Bailey, our cat. She was a rescue this February. She is 3 years old. We don't know her breed as she is a cross and we have very little background on her. She is incredibly playful and loves her toys, particularly lazers.....

20200919_164040.jpg
This is Twiggy, our Lesser Tenrec. He is about 7 months old and came how last month. He lives in a heated, natural themed vivarium, which is 4ft long. He tolerated handling well, and like to be out and about in his playpen. You can find more information on him in his seperate thread.

We also have two ponds and an aquarium, but I do not have any pictures of those on this device.

I hope you enjoyed reading about them all,
Ali

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I love them all! :loveshower:
beautiful!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Love them all! Speedy is gorgeous! :loveshower:

• Love
Reactions: Ali

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Enjoyed your post! Love Speedy! ❤

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Speedy is awesome! She’s like a relic! :starshower1:

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Seems Speedy is the favourite!!

During lockdown, we had the back door open, and she would wonder in secretly and we'd find her on the opposite side of the house

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Kasana's new tank is clean enough for me to now set it up tomorrow morning! I'll boost pictures! I found a perfect piece of wood in the pet shop. It has a bit that likes up really high, but slopes gently. Perfect for my basking area! I am also going to get one of those floating turtle dock things and see how those work out.

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Kasana's new tank is clean enough for me to now set it up tomorrow morning! I'll boost pictures! I found a perfect piece of wood in the pet shop. It has a bit that likes up really high, but slopes gently. Perfect for my basking area! I am also going to get one of those floating turtle dock things and see how those work out.
Like the one Snake Discovery used in their video? It looked really nice. You could probably attach some rocks on a string as an anchor so it doesn't float all over the tank.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Like the one Snake Discovery used in their video? It looked really nice. You could probably attach some rocks on a string as an anchor so it doesn't float all over the tank.
Maybe. Either that or one of those magnetic ones that sticks to the side and goes up and down with the water level.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Those were beautiful turtles too! I wish they were keeping them!

BirdWorld

They’re all so cute! :bounce4:

• Love

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
They all look beautiful and healthy. My favorite.... Speedy... more my style of pet these days since I'm slow too! You certainly have your hands full keeping up with all of them!

• Haha

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
You certainly have your hands full keeping up with all of them!
Except Speedy. She's pretty slow. Easy to keep up with:lol:

You certainly have your hands full keeping up with all of them!
Here is the cleaning schedule.
Skinks- spot clean when needed. Full clean every 4 to 6 months.
Turtle- filter clean and water change weekly. Full clean when glass starts getting dirty
Linnie and parrotlets- Paper change when dirty. Full clean weekly
Tenrec- Spot clean when needed. Full clean every 6 months to a year (They are clean animals by nature and and was what was recommend to us by the breeder)
Rabbits- run clean weekly. Full clean monthly (sister's job)
Gerbil- every 3 to 4 months (sister's job)
Ponds- filter clean when needed. Water top up in summer when levels drop

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They look beautiful! I've a special weakness for black cats. :blkcat:

I had to look up what most of them are, LOL. Where is Speedy hibernating? Is Kasana done growing at 5"? He's cute as a button!

• Love

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Almost forgot. How about taking pictures of the pond? Please. I love goldfish, but don't have the space. & if you've koi, the lack of pics is inexcusable!

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
I LOVE SPEEDY SO MUCH AND I LOVE EVERYONE. I hope in like 10 years when I have my own house and everything i can get a Russian Tortoise or a rescue Sulcata.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I. Need. More. Pics. Of. Speedy! Please.
Also I no rabbit expert, but I've never heard of a Nertherland Dawf lop eared. Bouncy looks alot like Gus (my sister's rabbit) and he's just a normal Mini Lop.