• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet my girls!

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
Everyone… meet my baby girls Will and Arlo! (As in my favorite musical artists, Will Wood and Arlo Parks) Arlo is the fawn one, and Will is the gray. 3BCF5E5A-7AD5-4A33-9B8B-B2351E5CBEE7.jpeg

Tina&Mill

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tianna Schwindel
So adorable! I really like your cage setup!

this is my baby girl, Millie!

100_1756.JPG

What are your birds' favorite things to do? Millie enjoys playing with my cat (shocker, I know)

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
So adorable! I really like your cage setup!

this is my baby girl, Millie!

View attachment 414053

What are your birds' favorite things to do? Millie enjoys playing with my cat (shocker, I know)
Awwwww Millie is so precious! Pineapple conures are so beautiful!!! I’m so glad you like my setup! Im not sure what their favorite thing to do is yet, as I just got them today! But so far, they love eating millet, snuggling, and hopping from one toy to another.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
So pretty! I love listening to finches, they sound so relaxing (although I’m sure they’re plenty capable of making a racket!)

Tina&Mill

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tianna Schwindel
Awwwww Millie is so precious! Pineapple conures are so beautiful!!! I’m so glad you like my setup! Im not sure what their favorite thing to do is yet, as I just got them today! But so far, they love eating millet, snuggling, and hopping from one toy to another.
She says thank you ^^

That sounds Adorable!

This is Millie and Pebbles! (I always supervise when Millie is out of her cage. I trust pebbles because she hasn't ever harmed any of our rodents, and shes never actually harmed Millie. But sometimes she does open her mouth (like in the video a few times) when millie bites her on the nose. This is usually the time Millie will scream "Yeah!!" . )

(I have to wait for the video to upload, Ill post it when its ready!^^)

Last edited:

Tina&Mill

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tianna Schwindel
Here it is!
Shes quite the bold little bird if I do say so myself, she bullies all of our cats. I swear she enjoys torturing them Lol. ^^

Here ye go :D
(Youtube was taking too long to upload, so I shortened un needed parts and I copied the URL. ^^)

Hope to see updates of your adorable finches soon! cant wait to see you around!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They're beautiful!! And I really like the toy behind them.

:cheer:Congratulations!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Here it is!
Shes quite the bold little bird if I do say so myself, she bullies all of our cats. I swear she enjoys torturing them Lol. ^^

(Youtube was taking too long to upload, so I shortened un needed parts and I copied the URL. ^^)

Please read our community guidelines on posting content like this. Avian Avenue Community Guidelines & Etiquette

It is not appropriate to ever share this type of video, photo or post insinuating that it is normal, safe or ok bird care practice. We never want other new or uneducated members to think this mixing of predator and prey is ok- it is not ever ok. It is a very dangerous thing to allow your cat and bird to do and we as a community are trying to better care practices for birds, not encourage irresponsible behaviour towards them for cute videos etc.

Are you aware of the serious dangers cats pose to birds? Are you aware cat saliva and the bacteria under their claws can kill your bird?

Reactions: tka

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Congratulations on Will and Arlo- such cute little beepers :)

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Congratulations they are so little and cute love there names :heart:

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
Here it is!

Aw! My dog plays with my rats all the time too.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aww Love Will and Arlo :swoon:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How are the finches settling in today? :)

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
How are the finches settling in today? :)
They are doing pretty well! They are drinking and eating millet and Harrison’s! It’s funny, I gave them their crappy pet store food that they were on, but they didn’t even touch it so I offered them Harrison’s high potency super fine and they are gobbling it up! Yay! They are still quite skittish, but Will is clear the more outgoing of the two, and she even stepped on my arm when I was changing their water!