• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meet my birdies!

TielTrio

Moving in
Real Name
Lindsay Kramarz
Hello! As my name suggests, I have 3 cockatiels! In my life I’ve owned a grand total of 4 cockatiels and I want to introduce them!

I’ll start with the oldest and end with the youngest.
IMG_0923.jpeg
These two right here are Jack Daniels “JD” and Tobey!
JD is a male white face who was hatched in 1994! He’s still kicking today at the grand old age of 30! His favorite treats are millet, Crispix cereal, and Rice Krispies cereal.
Tobey is a female Lutino that my family adopted in 2000. She was found by a family on the side of the road and very injured so they brought her to a vets office that one of our neighbors at the time worked at, while she was being nursed back into health the staff were looking endlessly for her owner to no avail. Once she was fully recovered our neighbor asked us if we could adopt her as we of course said yes! She was an absolute sweetheart, she only bit once the entire time we had her! In 2019 she wasn’t looking very good so we took her to an emergency vet and they ran multiple test on her to see what was causing her distress, out of all the tests it was only her blood work that showed something, dehydration. She shared a cage with JD that had multiple water dishes and constant fresh water because JD will only drink his water if it’s fresh and cold. We were told to monitor her at home and keep a water dish by her side for easy access, with the round the clock monitoring she kept refusing to drink and ended up passing a couple days later in the early hours of the morning. May she rest in peace.
2019 was not all doom and gloom though!
IMG_1535.jpeg
Meet Chuckles and Honey Lemon!
Chuckles is a male cinnamon that’s turning 5 years old soon! Chuckles was adopted as a baby but we were unable to bring him home until he had been fully weaned for a month, he earned his nickname “Chuckle Baby” because he took 2 extra months to come home because he kept refusing to be weaned. He was home for 2 months before the passing of Tobey and was vital in helping JD through his grief when she passed, him and Chuckles have a very strong bond due to this. Chuckles is a very energetic little birdie who loves having his picture taken and playing peek-a-boo! He prefers having his head scratched instead of getting treats.
Honey Lemon is a female Lutino only a couple weeks younger than Chuckles! She was adopted a month after Tobey passed, she was returned to the breeder by her previous owners. She’s spunky, she’s bossy, and she’s such a chatterbox! Despite my many attempts over the years to teach her how to say her name, she still calles anyone/anything “Chuck”. Her favorite treat is air popped popcorn, she will scream as loud as possible as soon as she hears the kernels in the container shake so I don’t forget to give her some. She’s not without her issues however, she’s unable to properly fly (she jumps backwards anytime she tries to fly) and has been diagnosed with siezures. Her siezures happen during bath time, groomings, and car trips to the vet. We’ve been able to accommodate her needs by doing mobile groomings so she can be in a known safe place, she gets her own bath time so she can get immediate care when she seizes, and we weigh her before a vet visit to notify the vet of her weight so they can prepare medication for her to give as soon was we arrive (as soon as we walk into the door she has a seizure and requires immediate attention).
My lovely Trio of Tiels!

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Hello and welcome!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
:hello: Your birds are gorgeous

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! Your tiels are very cute!

aaa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Angelena
Hi!:welcome2:
I loved reading about your cockatiels and their stories are touching. They are so cute!!:heart:

At the moment I just have 1 cockatiel named Saint Benedict:swoon: I’m not entirely sure if it’s a male or female just yet. I think it may be a male because it was copying my whistling, but since he began his first molt he has stopped whistling. He kinda became a cranky little guy :hehepink:… understandably

All the best in your cockatiel endeavors!:laugh:

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
:welcometrain:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road