• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Meet Luke!

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He deserves it! He's being lovingly spoiled!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I love it! :starshower1:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Awwww just now seeing this post. I am so glad you saved a baby from the shelter. He is just stunning. Looks like he's part German Shepard or something similar. Congrats!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Awwww just now seeing this post. I am so glad you saved a baby from the shelter. He is just stunning. Looks like he's part German Shepard or something similar. Congrats!
He's mostly (30%) Great Dane :)

IMG_20210524_180253_779.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Wow, what a cool mix honestly! I love that he has those larger protective breeds in him but is super sweet like danes.
He definitely is protective of me and the kids especially but he is slowly gaining the confidence to understand what is a real threat and what is just a guy walking down the street :lol:

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
He definitely is protective of me and the kids especially but he is slowly gaining the confidence to understand what is a real threat and what is just a guy walking down the street :lol:
There are so many places I go to alone with my 4 year old twins only because my sweet but scary looking German Shepherd is protective! We go on hikes and regional parks and Kaya tracks the toddler upfront while I track the one further behind! Dogs like Luke are such a gift : )

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, pure joy! :heart:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
He looks so tiny from that perspective! I think you definitely made his whole year.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Aaaaww, such a nice doggy! I remember when we got a almost grown up dog that seemed super nice at first, my other dog did not like him at all! And the new dog bit my baby brother in the face for no reason, we are pretty sure that my dog had a feeling that our new dog was dangerous. But now I got a calm loving chiuaha that is stuck to me like Velcro(we thought he would be like Velcro to my dad but nope!) I have to do a lot of training on him though because he is quite disrespectful

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I always saw Great Dane but I think Bull Mastiff too & I can see boxer.

Sometimes these mixes can be true one of a kinds. So glad you found each other as big dogs are often overlooked.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
He looks so tiny from that perspective! I think you definitely made his whole year.
He really does look so small! My lap promises he is not :lol:

I think he's happy. Not spoiled at all of course ;)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Aaaaww, such a nice doggy! I remember when we got a almost grown up dog that seemed super nice at first, my other dog did not like him at all! And the new dog bit my baby brother in the face for no reason, we are pretty sure that my dog had a feeling that our new dog was dangerous. But now I got a calm loving chiuaha that is stuck to me like Velcro(we thought he would be like Velcro to my dad but nope!) I have to do a lot of training on him though because he is quite disrespectful
I mean some dogs require more work, that's true of puppies or adults! And some, just like parrots, have learned that their body language goes ignored. Small kids can be awful to dogs in my experience with my 18 month old and it's a full time job to keep them both happy. Some dogs just really don't get along with young children even without past trauma. Hope your baby brother is okay!

Jogging around the block
:cngrt5:
What a sweet boy! Glad you saved him from the shelter :)
I can't exactly say I picked my Jupiter up the same way.. he was making all the humans ears bleed! It was the saddest yet loudest howling and whimpering, let's just say he kept his big voice and the neighbors don't need their alarm clock anymore :laughin:

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Gratefully he is fine! He simply tried to hug the doggy, and she just turned and started snapping at his face, she almost got his eye. We were sad though that happened, she was really nice but we couldn't have that risk with the baby. She could have had past trauma, hope not. You right about some dogs require more work, like my chiuihaha(don't know how to spell it) because we got him from my uncle and we didn't know how much training he needed, everyone but me regrets bringing him, but I love him so much and I am training him alot

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Gratefully he is fine! He simply tried to hug the doggy, and she just turned and started snapping at his face, she almost got his eye. We were sad though that happened, she was really nice but we couldn't have that risk with the baby. She could have had past trauma, hope not. You right about some dogs require more work, like my chiuihaha(don't know how to spell it) because we got him from my uncle and we didn't know how much training he needed, everyone but me regrets bringing him, but I love him so much and I am training him alot
Hugging is not "for no reason" then :) A lot of dogs hate that. My kids try to hug Luke all the time and he tolerates it if I don't intervene in time, but he is visibly uncomfortable with it. Even though I trust him, I never want him to be in a position where he gets pushed to his limit and snapping is his only way out of a situation. Some dogs have a lower threshold. I'm just lucky he has a higher one so I can give him an out before he reaches it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
:cngrt5:
What a sweet boy! Glad you saved him from the shelter :)
I can't exactly say I picked my Jupiter up the same way.. he was making all the humans ears bleed! It was the saddest yet loudest howling and whimpering, let's just say he kept his big voice and the neighbors don't need their alarm clock anymore :laughin:
Aww that's good you took the noisy one :heart: I have moments of noise induced anxiety so repetitive noises can make me rather miserable.